The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT 350 R Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone running anything different than the MPCS2s on the street? I hate the way they pull and track on the road. If your running something different what sizes are you running. Thanks.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Pretty common with many DOT Competition/Street tires. You might find some relief going with a conventional high performance street tree like the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. Tires like the SP2s and others often have more squared shoulders and their compounding are way more temperature sensitive .Cool weather will often see them also pulling , but then they are not recommended to be driven under 40 degrees.

Good luck and the SPC2s are killer on the track, so if that is your plan ,just get a second set of rims (not necessarily Carbon ones, ha) , and put the Cups on those . Get the new tires for your Carbon rims - just a suggestion?

Yea the SC2’s tramline line nobody’s business especially if you’re running more camber. Try the new Michelin 4S

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks to Voodoo and Byron J for confirming my recommendation. TMO is the place to get solid info for your Trackstang, and it helps when you have plenty of folks who have tried or been on various tire manufacturers or tire models.

I’m running the Porsche spec SC2 up front (102Y vs. 98Y, I think) which has drastically reduced tramlining on the street. Apparently the tread on the 102Y is a bit deeper and the compound a tad harder, so they should last longer.

I suspect that the Ford-spec tires are better at the limit, but I’m not that good of a driver.

TMO Supporting Vendors