GT 350 R Tires

Discussion in 'GT350 and S550 Technical Forum' started by boss1, Jan 18, 2019.

1. boss1

boss1 TMO Race

Anyone running anything different than the MPCS2s on the street? I hate the way they pull and track on the road. If your running something different what sizes are you running. Thanks.

2. Bill Pemberton

Bill Pemberton TMO Addict

Pretty common with many DOT Competition/Street tires. You might find some relief going with a conventional high performance street tree like the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. Tires like the SP2s and others often have more squared shoulders and their compounding are way more temperature sensitive .Cool weather will often see them also pulling , but then they are not recommended to be driven under 40 degrees.

Good luck and the SPC2s are killer on the track, so if that is your plan ,just get a second set of rims (not necessarily Carbon ones, ha) , and put the Cups on those . Get the new tires for your Carbon rims - just a suggestion?

HR692 likes this.
  3. VoodooBoss

VoodooBoss Rick Moderator

Yea the SC2’s tramline line nobody’s business especially if you’re running more camber. Try the new Michelin 4S

Bill Pemberton likes this.
  4. byronj

byronj TMO Addict

I have run both the SC2s and the Michelin 4S.
    When I put the SC2 on the car it was tramlining like a MOFO. Granted my camber has been set at almost track setting (@VoodooBoss LOL).

I put the 4S on with the same camber and the car drives very civilized now, even with camber in the almost track setting.

Bill Pemberton and VoodooBoss like this.
  5. Bill Pemberton

Bill Pemberton TMO Addict

Thanks to Voodoo and Byron J for confirming my recommendation. TMO is the place to get solid info for your Trackstang, and it helps when you have plenty of folks who have tried or been on various tire manufacturers or tire models.

6. Next Phase

Next Phase TMO Intermediate

I run MP4S tires on my CF wheels on a square 305 set up. Would recommend them!

VoodooBoss likes this.
  7. HR692

HR692 TMO Intermediate

Will be running MP4S on my CF wheels as soon as the rears come in and I find someone that I trust to mount up everything. My MPSC2's are going on my track wheels.

Bill Pemberton likes this.
  8. I-Man

I-Man TMO Intermediate

I’m running the Porsche spec SC2 up front (102Y vs. 98Y, I think) which has drastically reduced tramlining on the street. Apparently the tread on the 102Y is a bit deeper and the compound a tad harder, so they should last longer.

I suspect that the Ford-spec tires are better at the limit, but I’m not that good of a driver.

VoodooBoss likes this.