The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT 350 Throttle Body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I don't know but I would imagine a tune would be needed.

I remember coming across a picture on FB feed, showing some aftermarket/tuning company put the GT350 intake on a coyote. I'm assuming the TB went with it. I didnt click on it at the time, now I can't seem to find the pic again.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
i am in the middle of this swap right now. i have missed the power from the accufab 84.5, but not the unreliability. the gt350 tb seems like a great solution. i have created my own adapter plate and test fit it onto my car. it bolts up and plugs in, but there's more to do. first, the coupling needs to be bigger, same as the accufab, but i venture a guess to say that having a cold air tube small er than the tb opening is a hinderance to power, so, i am working on a bastard tube that doesn't taper down after the MAF. next, while the engine starts, the wrench light immediately comes on, so i think it may be more than just a "tune required". there may be different pin outputs or reference voltage differences, but something doesn't like it the moment it fires up.

i am setting up an appointment next week at Rev Auto to do before and after testing, but until then, i am on the hunt for wiring schematics to determine what the incompatability is. stay tuned. your freiendly neighborhood engineer is on the case!

pufferfish said:
i am in the middle of this swap right now... i have created my own adapter plate and test fit it onto my car. it bolts up and plugs in, but there's more to do.

i am setting up an appointment next week at Rev Auto to do before and after testing, but until then, i am on the hunt for wiring schematics to determine what the incompatability is. stay tuned. your freiendly neighborhood engineer is on the case!

Any plans on making an adapter available if you can get the T.B. to work properly ???

What would the mustang owners do without engineers like yourself.
You do very fine work. My MT-82 bracket is Great.
Very interested in hearing your findings with the GT350 TB.
I your opinion, will this be better than the ford racing TB or any others for our 5.0

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
I am excited for the possiblity. I am on the fence as to whether it will be better than aftermarket round TB's, but I believe it will at least be as good and possibly easier to control idle. If you haven't seen it, it doesn't have a straight hole through. The hole centerline goes downhill, but then there's a bump in the roof before the throttle blade and a bump in the floor past the blade. The bumps are smooth and well machined.They kind of look like a venturi, but with the lower half offset downstream. I think they are intended to better control low throttle input idle by increasing the tip-in throttle angle needed to offest the much larger diameter? This issue is the main reason the monoblades are horrible to idle tune. The broad flat part of the oval is where idle air is introduced and the slightest angle produces too large of a flow path. The diameter appears to remain the same throughout, so only the mild disruption in flow path will effect its overall flow potential.

The biggest thing is reliability. Factory 100k mile certified, which no aftermarket can attest to. I have no experience with the BBK, but I know of 3 people who have had the same limp mode issues with the Accufab and FRPP (which is also Accufab) that I had. After talking with 2 of the best Coyote engine tuners in the nation about my issue, they recollected experiencing similar issues on customer cars. I am not against Accufab, but when I asked them, they insisted the tune was the problem, rather than working with me to find a solution. My personal opinion is the bearings drag when hot and cause the motor to overtorque and fault. I haven't found any other theory that holds water.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Well, I was supposed to do the dyno testing this week, but as luck would have it, I spun a few bearings this past weekend at Summit Point. I will get into that in another thread, but for this thread, I am looking for someone to donate their car for science. Here's the perfect car:

boss engine with boss intake
longtube headers
cold air intake
boss cams or better (cj cams or comp cams preferred)
MUST be tuned using an SCT (doesn't matter who's tune)

here's what you get in return:
free GT350 TB and Blowfish Adapter
free dyno tuning by RevAuto
your ride featured in a MMFF tech article

pufferfish said:
Well, I was supposed to do the dyno testing this week, but as luck would have it, I spun a few bearings this past weekend at Summit Point. I will get into that in another thread, but for this thread, I am looking for someone to donate their car for science. Here's the perfect car:

boss engine with boss intake
longtube headers
cold air intake
boss cams or better (cj cams or comp cams preferred)
MUST be tuned using an SCT (doesn't matter who's tune)

here's what you get in return:
free GT350 TB and Blowfish Adapter
free dyno tuning by RevAuto
your ride featured in a MMFF tech article
Wow, sorry to hear about the spun bearings but here's a great opportunity for a TMO member.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Any news on the GT350 TB? Is it pin compatible in the end? or just a tune problem?

Looking forward to trying it when the kit comes out.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
no news yet. i was going to check in with rev auto this week. the pins and connector are the same. its just a special map file thats needed in the tune.

TMO Supporting Vendors