The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT-350 Track Key

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm out in Las Vegas at SEMA; the latest Ford Performance catalog mentions that there will be a track key for the GT-350. No details, just that it will be available in 2016.

I found this to be exciting news.....

That's interesting. But the car doesn't have a key. ;)

PhilTaylor

Track Attack 5-26-14
VooDooBOSS said:
I'll have to see what it does but if it's similar to the Boss I'll probably pass this time around.

@cloud9
@Grant 302

if I could ask, without offending, why?

I like TracKey as an option, and when at the track.

I don't often use it when off the track, but the throttle response and engine braking are enhanced, lopey idle is more "lopey", and the exhaust sound both when under throttle pressure and release sounds better.

And I haven't seen numbers that prove its a benefit at the track, but it certainly cannot be worse

So, please, share

PhilTaylor said:
if I could ask, without offending, why?

I like TracKey as an option, and when at the track.

I don't often use it when off the track, but the throttle response and engine braking are enhanced, lopey idle is more "lopey", and the exhaust sound both when under throttle pressure and release sounds better.

And I haven't seen numbers that prove its a benefit at the track, but it certainly cannot be worse

So, please, share
If it improves performance I'm all in. I liked the lopey idle around town too but in the end it just didn't do that much for me. The aggressive throttle response was more noticeable driving around town than on track. Nothing wrong with it just a personal preference.

PhilTaylor

Track Attack 5-26-14
VooDooBOSS said:
If it improves performance I'm all in. I liked the lopey idle around town too but in the end it just didn't do that much for me. The aggressive throttle response was more noticeable driving around town than on track. Nothing wrong with it just a personal preference.

cool, thanks for the update.

dollars to donuts it costs $350

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
For me, it's the TK engine braking that I have come to appreciate. Car is in gear and lift off throttle, TK will de-accelerate immediately. Silver key, the throttle floats at RPM for what seems like a few seconds then de-accelerates. I don't like that.

Lopy idle is always cool when a Camaro pulls up next to you.

If the GT350 comes out with a TK option I think you would have to get it, otherwise you won't have a fully optioned Shelby.

Good luck, be safe,
2HP

They are also going to have a cool oil seperator. There will be a specific one for the gt350....

BigTaco said:
They are also going to have a cool oil seperator. There will be a specific one for the gt350....
Cool. Is it the Bob's they installed on the TT cars?

http://www.lethalperformance.com/bob-s-auto-sport-2015-mustang-gt-passenger-side-oil-separator.html

What's funny about that is the engineers I talked to insisted one wasn't needed. Yet there they are on the TT cars. :eek:

302 Hi Pro said:
For me, it's the TK engine braking that I have come to appreciate. Car is in gear and lift off throttle, TK will de-accelerate immediately. Silver key, the throttle floats at RPM for what seems like a few seconds then de-accelerates. I don't like that.

Lopy idle is always cool when a Camaro pulls up next to you.

If the GT350 comes out with a TK option I think you would have to get it, otherwise you won't have a fully optioned Shelby.

Good luck, be safe,
2HP

+1

VooDooBOSS said:
Cool. Is it the Bob's they installed on the TT cars?
http://www.lethalperformance.com/bob-s-auto-sport-2015-mustang-gt-passenger-side-oil-separator.html

What's funny about that is the engineers I talked to insisted one wasn't needed. Yet there they are on the TT cars. :eek:

Nope,
It's a tidy little OE looking box. I actually spoke with the engineer who developed it. He's going to send me a prototype kit designed for Boss 302 use.

All the talking and I never took a pic...
:eek:
Sorry!!!

I'm leaving in the AM but I'll ask my contact to text me a pic. :eek:

TMO Supporting Vendors