The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT 500 at 10K over .......but here is the rest of the story.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Before everyone goes off on Dealer ADMs, we will get this car only because we bought it from another Dealer for a silly price ( along with taking 10 Explorers from them), so the only reason it makes any business sense is we are very actively trying to build up our yearly allocation of GT 350s and GT 500s for the coming years.

Not a crazy mark up like many of you have seen and not a car initially coming to us. If interested text me , call me or email me and thanks for your time.

Bill Pemberton
402-677-5864
[email protected]

PS - and I only posted this on TMO

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Just found out it can be optioned like you want, except no Carbon Package or painted stripes ( since Dealers are quite limited on these options).

This had to change, see below for update.

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Grant , just found out they can order like they want ( with exceptions above), and it is another Dealer's allocation. We bought the car ( as well as eating 10 Explorers we have no need for ), but it should help us increase allocation for next year. We were sold out before we even got our personal GT 500 allocation, and this is the second one we have acquired in this manner. That one sold the same day we acquired it, but it was already in build status. This one still has the ability for the buyer to order as he wants , but the window is small , so if not sold quick we will have to order as we see fit.

Thanks for asking.

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Just got a call that we have received another GT 350R allocation ( ours ) and it can also be ordered as desired - no ADM , as this is our car.

Tell your friends on both ,though would love to sell to TMO member......course we can make sure to get them to sign up later if not already a member ,ha.

Last edited:
Someone should jump on this.

Just got a call that we have received another GT 350R allocation ( ours ) and it can also be ordered as desired - no ADM , as this is our car.

Tell your friends on both ,though would love to sell to TMO member......course we can make sure to get them to sign up later if not already a member ,ha.

In the 2020 GT350 sales brochure it states:

Ford Performance has deleted anything that adds unnecessary, performance-robbing weight, or causes parasitic power losses. Deleted content on the GT350R includes (but not limited to) rear seats, air conditioning, audio system, floor mats and rear-view camera.

Bill Pemberton, can you verify that your allocation car be ordered this way.2020 GT350R.jpg

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I think he is asking about the GT 350R additional note I added , since we just found out our Sales success with Mustangs ( at one of our stores ) got us another R allocation. I am checking to see if it can be ordered sans A/C and radio?

[email protected]

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Checked and unfortunately there is no way to configure one deleting the A/C or radio. Likely a misprint from Marketing or posting by a periodical , but not the first time I have seen something like this with any of the major Manufacturers. Often common with the specialty makes.

But , you can order it the way you want ( GT 350R) , so if you want it as basic as possible , no worries -- of course there are only a very few options anyway.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Bill hooked me up with my 350R. Dealership handled install of camber plates, splitter and alignment. I drove out the door with something I could take on track as soon as the break in was complete. Which I did with great satisfaction.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Naw, we get very little Bashing, part of the reason I have been there for over 26 years and still hang around even though I am retirement age. Most of the Salespeople are long term professionals and the Stores are run more like small mom and pop stores ( even though some are huge). Heck my son is almost 37 and he has been at Woodhouse for almost 18 years ( Porsche Salesman ) and with folks sticking around the customer knows when they have an issue the person helping them will likely be the person who sold them.

I also need to hang around so I have some extra money to go play on the track, hang out with fellow Road Racers , and buy more TMO T-Shirts!

Last edited:

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Couldn't talk Britt into either a GT350R or the new GT500. Said they were both too much car for me, er... her. She instead when with the Lexus NX300h hybrid only because she couldn't wait till 2021 for a Mock E.

mattlqx

Mustangless
Checked and unfortunately there is no way to configure one deleting the A/C or radio. Likely a misprint from Marketing or posting by a periodical , but not the first time I have seen something like this with any of the major Manufacturers. Often common with the specialty makes.

But , you can order it the way you want ( GT 350R) , so if you want it as basic as possible , no worries -- of course there are only a very few options anyway.

GT350R packages changed for MY2019. They no longer based as a "stripper" w/ no radio or A/C with an optional electronics package to add it back in. Due to low uptake I'm sure, they now all come standard with those items. I think that text in the image is unrevised carryover from MY2018 or prior.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors