The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT 500 at 10K over .......but here is the rest of the story.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GT350R packages changed for MY2019. They no longer based as a "stripper" w/ no radio or A/C with an optional electronics package to add it back in. Due to low uptake I'm sure, they now all come standard with those items. I think that image is from MY2018 or prior.

That info is from the 2020 GT350 brochure.GT350 Brochure.jpgGT350R Base.jpg

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Like so often in brochures , Marketing has to get stuff out months early and life is in a state of flux. Remember the old adage , " Subject to change," that is often on the bottom of every Manufacturer's brochures, well there is a good reason. Government mandates , cost overruns, delays in production, parts, etc. all can delay the process of getting a car out, and therefore items available may not be. It is not Ford's domain, as I can tell you with years of working with Woodhouse , it happens with all the Manufacturers ( we have 18 Dealerships ). With the A/C delete the problem may be as simple as all the EPA approvals were done with it, and believe it or not , the process has to be gone through again with this change. Now I am going by rules that were in effect some years back , and that may currently be different , but it was an issue especially with limited edition vehicles. Another concern is changes in parts , belts , pulleys, and though this seems simple to us, it is often another hurdle with suppliers and time.

Anyway..... no delete option in the Ford Ordering system , so sorry , and like a few of us die hards, this would be a cool ( er, uncool, ha ) option to have for a track rat owner.

Last edited:
I'm just surprised Ford published this brochure with the incorrect information about the 2020 GT350R as the last year for the Base/deleted content GT350R was 2018.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Understood , but keep in mind the early data needed for printing and then use the Auto Magazines as a basis for error. We have all read over the years a magazine article stating a price , standard equipment , or incorrect capacities , for example, only to find out months later when the car arrived that things were off.

I had the same feelings as you do, until years ago I found out the Sales Departments, Marketing Departments, and PR Departments often did not consult with each other. The surprise to the consumer who assumes they are all in the same office area , is to find out later, in many cases , they don't talk directly to each other.

I know of a situation years ago where a PR Department took a vehicle out of the Marketing Dept. that was not to be used due to an engineering fix. They never asked and this caused a minor problem in the vehicle performance when tested and Marketing was livid as they had the car in a no use area. But then , neither group had bothered to talk to the other. Not naming the Corp. has there are examples out there with virtually every one. A large company does not take away human error or silly mistakes anymore than one of a tiny size.

Again, subject to change starts making a lot more sense and it covers a lot of areas.

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Sorry, I totally screwed up as a bunch of you asked me to post the entire build sheet on the GT 500 with the MSRP ( just add 10k ) and I forgot. Since I am not only an AARP member, but also an Old F.A.R.T. ( Ford Alfalfa Racing Team ) member, it will be easy for some of you to realize I missed my Geritol intake for more than a couple of days!

Here you go:
Mustang HB Coupe 70,300
Iconic Silver
Recaro Leather trimmed seats 1595
Vinyl over the top Stripe 1000
( Ebony )
Tech. Package 3000
Handling Pack 1500
Vehicle Cover 395
Gas Guzzler 2600
Destination and Delivery 1095
MSRP 81845

..... and we have another GT 350R we can order, if done soon ( no ADM ) ************** Key Bullet Point !!!!!

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors