The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT-500 Exhaust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The thing about the Corsa's is you drop weight which is a good thing. Dropping 300+ just to change the sound is more then I would like to spend without the weight savings. I still have not considered either since I would rather lose the weight off the front of the car.

ace72ace said:
I'm sure that the Corsa's are nice, and lower weight, big plus. But more than twice the price? Come on, what are they made out of titanium or something? I will have to order up some disks from 'you know who'... What do they run a set? I was thinking about a set of 3/4's...

$27 first set and 18 for additional sets.

cloud9 said:
Could I get a little technical assist from a moderator?? ;D

Fixed ;D

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
CaliMR said:
Are those all with the Corsas? The first one sounds a little different.

I recorded my exhaust to show my friend the difference between the keys, just did it by putting the cell phone on the passenger seat. It isn't perfect, but it gets more of an inside sound.

I would actually like a muffler with more bass and some flatulence, like the older Ford V8s, rather than the sharp sound of the new ones. I doubt it would really be that simple though, as a lot of it is in the timing and valve configuration.

I think you can't make it sound like the older V8s due to the revised firing order.

ace72ace said:
I'm sure that the Corsa's are nice, and lower weight, big plus. But more than twice the price? Come on, what are they made out of titanium or something? I will have to order up some disks from 'you know who'... What do they run a set? I was thinking about a set of 3/4's...
That's an excellent starting point.

Grant 302 said:
CaliMR said:
Are those all with the Corsas? The first one sounds a little different.

I recorded my exhaust to show my friend the difference between the keys, just did it by putting the cell phone on the passenger seat. It isn't perfect, but it gets more of an inside sound.

I would actually like a muffler with more bass and some flatulence, like the older Ford V8s, rather than the sharp sound of the new ones. I doubt it would really be that simple though, as a lot of it is in the timing and valve configuration.

I think you can't make it sound like the older V8s due to the revised firing order.

There are tricks, like unequal length tuned headers, but too much effort (ie money) for a sound change. If I was going to that kind of trouble, I would have a flat crank made ;D

I have heard a few GT500s and they sound really good for stock exhaust. I think I am going to try fabbing megaphones for the side pipes eventually, like the old race cars had. The cops here seem to like my car so I could probably get away with it.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
302BOB said:
FYI....For anybody still contemplating on getting these, the sale ends today.
yeah I saw that. seeing how I dont have the cash for it now I put it on the old CC. Now the hard part is paying that back off and not just buying more parts lol

Maui
302BOB said:
That's a great price, but i just spent a bunch of money on other parts. Wish there was a better way to ship things to Maui... With the shipping costs I spent on my other stuff, I could've got these axle backs! :-[

cloud9 said:
BossTXB said:
Cloud9, thanks for posting these. I really appreciate it.....nice.
No problem. To me they sound a little tinny on the recordings versus live. It's a much deeper rumble in person.

Like Gary said, they are a lot deeper in person. Unless your using a recording studio quality microphone on your camera, your never going to be able to capture the true tone. You really need to hear them in person. Everybody that has heard my car accelerate tell me it sounds awesome.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Weird, I've heard the GT500's in person and on vid clips. Sounds the same to me... :shrug:

ace72ace

boss2511 said:
302BOB said:
yeah I saw that. seeing how I dont have the cash for it now I put it on the old CC. Now the hard part is paying that back off and not just buying more parts lol

Let me know when yours arrive, I bet you get yours before me even though you ordered a day later since you are in VA and I'm in NH...

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
ace72ace said:
boss2511 said:
302BOB said:

Let me know when yours arrive, I bet you get yours before me even though you ordered a day later since you are in VA and I'm in NH...
I will I will put them on the same day to rain or no rain lol

ace72ace

boss2511 said:
ace72ace said:
boss2511 said:
302BOB said:

I will I will put them on the same day to rain or no rain lol

Well it's raining here, but uh, one problem, no Boss!

IMG_0998.jpg

ace72ace

askjeffro said:
Good to know there are more parts than just the Box.

Is that a Marauder?

Heh, I wish. It's my 'paid for' granny mobile right from FL, purchased with only 69k orig miles... 15 years later it still has the original brakes, plugs, wires, etc. I was cleaning under the hood today and there's even a Motorcraft battery under the hood. Kinda doubt the original battery would last 15 years, but kinda cool to have such a nice time machine in my garage. I will feel guilty parking it outside all winter when the Boss takes its spot in the garage =/

TMO Supporting Vendors