The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT 500 fan assembly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've been lucky that it has never been hotter than 85 on any of my track days so I haven't had any issues with overheating [so far ::)], but I am planning on going down to VIR labor day weekend.

I'm trying to understand the benefit of this fan. My understanding is that the fan is there to pull air through the rad when the car is not moving, like when you're stuck in traffic. Is there anything maybe with the shroud [fan diameter or shape] that allows air to pass through with less restriction when at speed? Wasn't able to see much from the diagram on the Tousley site.

I'd be interested to see how it compares to the stock Boss fan / shroud when you get it.

I am not sure, but in case you mean this fan of the 13/14 GT500 I can answer the following, as I have it installed: M-8C607-MSVT
1. One additional blade in the fan, 6 instead of only 5
2. Claps on the side that open when you drive
3. I have not noticed a difference of sound, weight or cooling, but I have not yet installed my sensors so. Based on the design it MUST cool better than the Boss OEM fan
4. Easy and fast install, just bolt on

BTW, does anyone know why our fans do not run for some time if a certain temperature is reached and after the engine is turned off, like other cars do?

Orange said:
I am not sure, but in case you mean this fan of the 13/14 GT500 I can answer the following, as I have it installed: M-8C607-MSVT
1. One additional blade in the fan, 6 instead of only 5
2. Claps on the side that open when you drive
3. I have not noticed a difference of sound, weight or cooling, but I have not yet installed my sensors so. Based on the design it MUST cool better than the Boss OEM fan
4. Easy and fast install, just bolt on

BTW, does anyone know why our fans do not run for some time if a certain temperature is reached and after the engine is turned off, like other cars do?

Some cars have electric water pumps, so having a fan on to passively cool the water temps even when a car is parked makes sense...
Our cars are old school water pumps--belt driven. So if the pump ain't turnin, what good is a fan doing cooling the water in the rad but nowhere else? :D I think perhaps that's why we don't have that feature.

I've only seen this feature on newer BMW's. I guess other cars have this as well!

Re: Re: GT 500 fan assembly

boro92 said:
Some cars have electric water pumps, so having a fan on to passively cool the water temps even when a car is parked makes sense...
Our cars are old school water pumps--belt driven. So if the pump ain't turnin, what good is a fan doing cooling the water in the rad but nowhere else? :D I think perhaps that's why we don't have that feature.

I've only seen this feature on newer BMW's. I guess other cars have this as well!
I have something like this in my 2012 V-Rod Muscle. After I turn the engine off the fan stays on for a couple more seconds

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

TMO Supporting Vendors