The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT 500 Track Tour at Autobahn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Great shot of the Silver one. Woodhouse Ford of Omaha has one coming in that combo ( black stripes ) that they bought from another Dealer. Yeh, it is 10K over, but they paid over to get it. They did not have a choice on the paint , but seeing that , it looks stunning. I can still help anyone get to the right person, even though my working days are over.

TMS --- say hello to TS for me!!

Hoooolllleeeeeee crap are these new gy500’s amazing. The DCT alone is worth the car. When i took the car back for lead follow i was in a slow group so i was bogged down,but when i went out with the pro driver.....they were throwing the car around like ive never seen
amazing experience and im so glad im a ford guy

autobahn has a boss 302 S racecar for sale......$50k

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
f..
only...
they would....

PAINT THAT BUMPER BAR!!!

Rob. Order one and I’ll paint the bar for you. Lol
My first impression on track was “This is too easy” Just put it in drive, concentrate on the apex and braking, make noise and go like hell.
Another great program from Ford as always.

My first impression on track was “This is too easy” Just put it in drive, concentrate on the apex and braking, make noise and go like hell.
There is no question in my mind that the GT500 is easier to drive than the 350R on track.

It's not just the Transmission. 4+ years of Magneride tuning make for even more refined handling. Breakaway is predictable and linear with the nannies all off, and with them on, in Track mode there is much less noticeable intervention.

Rob. Order one and I’ll paint the bar for you. Lol

did you do the ride along with the pro driver? I was talking with him in car and the way they were throwing the car around in the corners made me absolutely more confident with my 350 now, especially around autobahn.....not to mention the pro driver was in a regular 500 and not cftp.

@Black Boss i was talking to the tremec guy begging for them to make a kit for the 350’s haha

................wow, because most think the GT 350 is pretty darn easy to drive fast!! Impressive!!

there was an ex ford employee with his 08 gt500 that said that.....

if we’re talking like that then, the boss Is easier to drive than A 78 porsche on track lol.

there was a autobahn member that just took delivery of his mclaren p1......on his 3rd lap he went off track and damage some body panels....lol

Looks like Track Tour was a success. I was disappointed I didn’t get invited to GT500 Track Tour but thanks to @50Deep I got my own GT500 Track Tour in February.

A917A1AC-813A-47DF-A712-4C07914E87A6.jpeg4C9C42E4-C284-4D8A-BA6F-2BEB055842E2.jpeg

TMO Supporting Vendors