The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT Performance Pack Level 2: Game On!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
Thanks for your input Norm. I thought there may have been a clearance problem of some sort. It’s unfortunate that you can’t rotate the tires without breaking them off the rims.
If you avoid 'unidirectional' tires, you can at least swap left to right, which is better than doing nothing at all given that all tracks have 360° more of turns in one direction than in the other. My sig picture shows 18x11 front wheels.

Norm

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
I will be checking offset on the 19x11" rear PP2 wheels and will report if they will work on the front, probably with a 25 mm spacer they will. Ford Performance is almost sure to offer these wheels in their catalog for reasonable price. I would then run the Michelin PS Cup2 tires in 315 square.

I will be checking offset on the 19x11" rear PP2 wheels and will report if they will work on the front, probably with a 25 mm spacer they will. Ford Performance is almost sure to offer these wheels in their catalog for reasonable price. I would then run the Michelin PS Cup2 tires in 315 square.
You are going to run 315 on the front? I’d like to hear how that works.

If you avoid 'unidirectional' tires, you can at least swap left to right, which is better than doing nothing at all given that all tracks have 360° more of turns in one direction than in the other. My sig picture shows 18x11 front wheels.

Norm
And then there’s the old trick where you flip the tires on the rim and move them to opposite sides. Keeps the direction the same but still requires a dismount. Used to do this on a 5.0 years ago, until I got a proper alignment.

DFW, TX
If you look closely at the specs for the "GT350R" Michelin PS Cup2 315 tire, it sure looks like Ford had Michelin maximize the tread width while minimizing the section width. They are really a 325 with less section width.

I use the same 11" wide wheels front and rear so I can rotate the tires and wheels.

What's up with the K brace?

I wonder if the PPL2 was not offered with the 10 speed auto because it would be faster than the GT350?
Hey Rick, how are the 11s working up front? Any clearance problems, did you need spacers? Can you order those instead of the 10.5s?

TMO Supporting Vendors