The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Admin Fees

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I have started my search! And it abruptly ended. Unfortunately, my local dealer is asking $20K admin fee on the '17's. I just don't see an $80K Mustang. They also had a '16 R listed at 153K a few months ago. I guess I'm missing something here. Anyone have any luck keeping the admin fee under 5K?

I paid MSRP from a dealer in Michigan. Keep looking as they are out there. If an 18'GT500 gets announced at the L.A. Auto Show you'll see a lot more 350's at MSRP.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Don't limit yourself to a local dealer for delivery..

Ford will honor warranty regardless where purchased. Any issues with a new car will be fixed locally at any dealer.

Transport costs are much lower than the markup....in this case.

Find your next car online and enjoy.

576 said:
So I have started my search! And it abruptly ended. Unfortunately, my local dealer is asking $20K admin fee on the '17's. I just don't see an $80K Mustang. They also had a '16 R listed at 153K a few months ago. I guess I'm missing something here. Anyone have any luck keeping the admin fee under 5K?

There was a white '16 GT350 (tech pkg) at Future Ford that they were selling at MSRP a couple months ago. Maybe it was because it wasn't the Track Pkg but MSRP prices are out there locally if you search enough. It's kind of a timing thing from what I can tell.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
When I bought mine I noticed my dealer made me pay for some charge that had something to do with how long the car had been sitting on their show room floor. It was just over a $100 but I think it was BS. They tried to get me on some other charges and I said no...I think because they sold the car to me at MSRP they were trying to get more money out of me. Also because they gave me a higher than recommended trade in value on the boss. I should have made them take the charge off but you can't win them all.

Flyboygsxr said:
When I bought mine I noticed my dealer made me pay for some charge that had something to do with how long the car had been sitting on their show room floor. It was just over a $100 but I think it was BS. They tried to get me on some other charges and I said no...I think because they sold the car to me at MSRP they were trying to get more money out of me. Also because they gave me a higher than recommended trade in value on the boss. I should have made them take the charge off but you can't win them all.
Charging you for the "flooring" is kind of silly. Cars that sit on dealership lots are usually owned by banks. I'm oversimplifying the process but it goes something like this: a dealer has a predetermined amount of "credit" with the bank (Bank can mean "Ford Motor Credit" in this case) to "floor" cars out on the lot for sale. Every day that that car sit's there unsold, it costs the dealership money until it is sold. This is the flooring charge. This is very common practice from a Honda Civic to a Rolls Royce. It's kind of interesting that they called it our and tried to get you to pay for it.

No doubt the 350's are an awesome car. I keep asking myself what is the drawback to the Boss/ what bothers me about it? Answer: Transmission. I can get a helluva t56 conversion kit for 10K. Other than that, I bought a '12 Boss specifically for the Lack of gizmos. I think I'll wait until the 350's start showing up for sale with low mileage. But damn! That FPC engine has a sound like nothing else.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
While waiting for the airbag on my '12 Boss to be replaced on recall, I spotted this 2016 GT350 with TP for sale on the showroom floor. These guys are still asking for ADM or in their case, RMMA (Rocky Mountain Market Adjustment) - They weren't willing to move on that added cost.

WP_20161101_002_zpsjfvmzn6h.jpg

WP_20161101_001_zpsvacwok2o.jpg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
My local dealer just sold an R at $30k ADM. The buyer was a 21 year old kid. He and his dad showed up, the kid traded his almost brand new M4 in on the R. He paid about $100k for the car and they didn't even try and bargain on the price.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I didn't try but one of the dealers near me implied they'd accept msrp for a black on black stripe delete tech pack GT350. It was marked up $20k and they are a Roush dealer so they have some internal competition with the RS3, 3 of which they had on the lot.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel