The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Aftermarket Wheel Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austin
Well that turned out easier that I thought. Element Wheels sells them. I bought some wheels from them a few years ago and had no issues.

http://www.elementwheels.com/products.asp?cat=36883

$375.00/wheel

ChopSui said:
Well that turned out easier that I thought. Element Wheels sells them. I bought some wheels from them a few years ago and had no issues.

http://www.elementwheels.com/products.asp?cat=36883

$375.00/wheel
Were you running them on the track? I'm going to be a little cautious about which track wheels I end up going with given the weight of the car and the width of sticky rubber we'll be using. I'm hoping there's someone who has put some serious track miles on these as $375 a wheel would be nice.

Austin
cloud9 said:
Were you running them on the track? I'm going to be a little cautious about which track wheels I end up going with given the weight of the car and the width of sticky rubber we'll be using. I'm hoping there's someone who has put some serious track miles on these as $375 a wheel would be nice.

Not really, I only used the set I bought a few times on track until I got my PF01's. But the wheels I bought were a completely different style and brand from these so there's not really any comparison to be made. Element wheels is just a reseller of a bunch of different brands. I only meant that I could vouch for them in that role.

From what I gather, MRR, the company that makes these M350 wheels, claims to be an OEM supplier as well. Is there any way to find out if they supply the wheels on the GT350?

I wonder about their OEM claim. Hard to believe Ford would let them copy but it's also hard to believe they could have such an exact copy so quickly.

There is already a lot of HRE FF15's on Mustangs with good results. Now if they only offered a 19x12.

The MMR's are now available on ebay in black or gunmetal. At 25 lbs each a 19x11 square setup will be significantly lighter than the stock GT350 wheels. You'll need to use a spacer in the front to clear, probably about 25mm. It's not a big deal to me but I did confirm they are made in China.

Edit: confirmed they will NOT CLEAR the GT350 front brakes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371464261317?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

s-l1600.jpg
s-l500.jpg

I like the price, but will probably hold out for an 11.5 or 12" rear assuming 12" would fit. Do you know anyone who has been using them with slicks to know they're holding up fine? Obviously with a 1" spacer you'll need ARP long studs and open lugs but plan on that anyway. Has anyone found the correct ARPs yet?

I don't know of anyone using the MMR's yet, they are brand new. BMO member @Wingrider is using the HRE FF15's he purchased from CorteX with slicks. CorteX posted the info below for the studs that work with a variety of wheels.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=10221.0

From my conversation with Ford VDE's the stock studs are larger and stronger so maybe the longer studs on the R will work up front as long as whatever wheels you purchase fit on the 14mm studs. If not the CorteX kit will be the way to go.

cloud9 said:
I like the price, but will probably hold out for an 11.5 or 12" rear assuming 12" would fit. Do you know anyone who has been using them with slicks to know they're holding up fine? Obviously with a 1" spacer you'll need ARP long studs and open lugs but plan on that anyway. Has anyone found the correct ARPs yet?

The Cortex studs are 1/2" versus the M14 on the S550/GT350. I PM'd Cortex re compatibilty with the GT350 and got the following response:

Compatibility with GT350 standard and GT350R carbon wheels has not yet been determined. These are currently intended for Mustang GTs, ECO Boost, and V6 models.

Haven't seen any 14mm options yet.....

Cloud9's friend sent us this photo of his C7 Z07 package vette with 18" CCW's mounted over it's 15.5" CC brakes. So clearly some aftermarket wheels fit that size rotor and caliper. It still remains to be seen but this is promising. I have an email off to Finspeed checking on a few things and as soon as they finish their move to Austin TX we'll get this sorted out.

IMG_20150611_214011959_zpsq6k9txxf.jpg

Austin
I should hopefully have my car sometime in the first couple of weeks of December. Not sure when their move is supposed to be complete, but I'd be happy to take it to them for some measurements if it'll help.

ChopSui said:
I should hopefully have my car sometime in the first couple of weeks of December. Not sure when their move is supposed to be complete, but I'd be happy to take it to them for some measurements if it'll help.
That would be great. I would think having a car to test fit would be a big help. Hopefully Rick will hear back from them soon.

ChopSui said:
That would be fantastic. I have been in communication with them but they are in the middle of their move and will be focusing on that for at least another week. But once I hear back from them I'll see if they need a car for fitment and if so put you connected with Daniel and Stacie.

steveespo said:
Apparently these don't clear the GT 350 calipers.
https://www.facebook.com/chicane23/posts/957876554303678?comment_id=961604740597526&notif_t=share_reply
That pretty much validates the inability to fit an 18, considering they have to jump to a 20. When I talked to Jonathan about parts for the GT350, the issue is volume. There are a lot of parts that don't cross over to the rest of the S550 lineup unfortunately, so the market potential is limited. That would include wheels and a hood for sure. He has the Tiger hood line for the S197, but it sounded like the cost to develop one for the GT350 could be expensive unless they can get enough orders to amortize the tooling and setup costs. Wheels are the same issue because of the big front brakes, but hopefully to a lesser degree.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Pricing on Ford aluminum GT 350 wheels will also come down as soon as Ford puts them in the Ford Performance catalog. Forgeline 19s will most likely fit as well but that is spendy.
The market will fill the voids, the real question is tires in 19", Hoosier has it covered with R7 but the take off market is limited unless the race series' start going to more 19" wheels.

steveespo said:
Pricing on Ford aluminum GT 350 wheels will also come down as soon as Ford puts them in the Ford Performance catalog. Forgeline 19s will most likely fit as well but that is spendy.
The market will fill the voids, the real question is tires in 19", Hoosier has it covered with R7 but the take off market is limited unless the race series' start going to more 19" wheels.
For those that are looking for 19" takeoffs, Greg Miller at GTTrackDays.com said they have a decent selection from the Porsche and I believe Ferrari teams. He also thought more teams would be running 19s this season, but you'd know better than me if that's truly the case.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel