The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 and GT350R Weight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloud9 said:
I turn them off as well, but that's not my question. My question is more along the lines of how removing them would affect the ability to disable the nannies or leave you with a code or illuminated dash light. Similar situations arise when you pull the stock seats and install a race seat with the SRS system turning off on that side of the vehicle and illuminating a dash light. If it's as simple as a dash light, it's a matter of deciding whether that's enough distraction to worry about to figure out how to defeat it. If it's enough to put the car into limp mode that's an entirely different subject.

In the video with the suspension lead on car, he talks about being able to use the MR shocks to do things that they'd previously relied in rollbars and even diffs to do. I took that to mean that they could could do things like stiffen the outside / soften the inside while cornering to keep the car more flat...you could even imagine them doing add'l front-to-rear tuning (in add'l to side-to-side) to help the car rotate....all this being done proactively by the control unit based on the multiple inputs the car is providing. I could see them stiffening the front under hard braking, for instance, to reduce nose-dive.
I'm neither an engineer nor suspension expert...I'm just trying to read between the lines a bit.

One thing for sure: I'm hoping that it's so good out of the box that no mods are needed other that safety stuff.

fuhrius said:
In the video with the suspension lead on car, he talks about being able to use the MR shocks to do things that they'd previously relied in rollbars and even diffs to do. I took that to mean that they could could do things like stiffen the outside / soften the inside while cornering to keep the car more flat...you could even imagine them doing add'l front-to-rear tuning (in add'l to side-to-side) to help the car rotate....all this being done proactively by the control unit based on the multiple inputs the car is providing. I could see them stiffening the front under hard braking, for instance, to reduce nose-dive.
I'm neither an engineer nor suspension expert...I'm just trying to read between the lines a bit.

One thing for sure: I'm hoping that it's so good out of the box that no mods are needed other that safety stuff.
That's my expectation. I'm planning to limit my mods to roll bar, race seat, sub-belt attachment points, ARP wheel studs and tow hooks.......and yes I really mean it. :)

cloud9 said:
That's my expectation. I'm planning to limit my mods to roll bar, race seat, sub-belt attachment points, ARP wheel studs and tow hooks.......and yes I really mean it. :)

me too. hoping tow hooks are easier than with the s197.
add: fire suppression and, potentially, a kill switch.

oh, and srp pedals. I wonder if the stock pedal setup is the same as on the boss...then I could just pull the ones out of my boss before I sell it. I still have unused ARP wheelstuds that I've never installed on the boss.

I'm hoping that even stuff like brake lines won't need to be changed...just pads and fluid. It would be excellent if, on the R, they'd just give us a solid track pad right out of the box.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
cloud9 said:

TBH you might consider just waiting for a 350R-C or 350R-S to come out from Multimatic/Watson/Ford. Unless you want to drive it on the street or something :)

ArizonaBOSS said:
TBH you might consider just waiting for a 350R-C or 350R-S to come out from Multimatic/Watson/Ford. Unless you want to drive it on the street or something :)
Yep. I considered it, but I just won't get enough use out of it as a track only car to justify the low to mid-six figure investment. Plus I still enjoy driving a Mustang on the street :)

TMO Supporting Vendors