The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Article in WSJ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Article in today's Wall Street Journal on the owner of a 2015 GT350. Not sure if you need to be a subscriber to read the entire article, but here's the link:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/virtual-or-reality-mustang-shelby-roars-to-action-1458052728

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Psg8064 said:
Article in today's Wall Street Journal on the owner of a 2015 GT350. Not sure if you need to be a subscriber to read the entire article, but here's the link:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/virtual-or-reality-mustang-shelby-roars-to-action-1458052728

If you have access, could you please copy/paste the article here?

Short but nice article. I tried copying it from my phone but was having challenges. Maybe someone at a computer can paste the article on TMO.

This is local to me and the dealership in Kirkland had a '15 they were asking $125k for. I wonder if he picked up that car. I can't read the whole article, so hopefully someone can post.

buland

One of the rare Boss LS in Switzerland
i think this is the hole articleVirtual or Reality, Mustang Shelby Roars to ActionVideogame designer finds inspiration in making his cars true to life

Dan Greenawalt, 42, creative director at Microsoft’s Turn 10 Studios (maker of the Forza Motorsport videogame series) from Kirkland, Wash., on his 2015 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350.
I’ve always been a car geek, since I was a child rolling Matchbox cars down my driveway. My dad worked on cars. My uncle worked on cars. When I got my license, I worked on cars. Now I work on cars in a different way.[/color]

[/size]When we build the Forza Motorsport games, we research everything about the cars that appear in them. We find the cars, photograph them, record their audio, study their physics, and measure everything from the circumference of a tie rod to the weight of a driveline. That way we can build the cars so they perform in the game as they do in real life. There is never a time when I am not thinking about these things, even in my sleep.In 2015, I bought a car for my commute—[/color]the Ford Mustang Shelby GT350. Why this car? I love the look of it, but what I really bought was an engine—the so-called Voodoo engine. It’s an engine that engineers said could not be built. You cannot build a V-8 engine bigger than 5 liters with a flat plane crank, naysayers said, because it will shake itself apart. To explain what that means would take a full newspaper page, but suffice to say that this V8 has the benefits of a racing engine that can function in a car you can commute in. And Ford did this in a car that costs less than $60,000.I love the history too. Ford only made 100 of these in model year 2015, because it’s the 50th anniversary of the original 1965 Mustang GT350 built by Carroll Shelby. (Mine is #78 of the 100. The rest are 2016 models.) The original GT350 harks back to the golden age of sports car racing. Today, racing cars are like alien technology made by some future race of brain surgeons. Back then, it was just trial, error, passion and danger. That’s what the original GT350 represents, that era when rebels like Shelby could take on the world and win.I love to take the car out to stretch its legs. But Washington is a heavily patrolled state. The fun must be had at a safe and sane level.

I couldn't find an easy way to include the article in a message, so here's a link to the PDF on my Google Drive. Thanks to Buland for posting the text. The PDF has the pictures as well.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzVhd2ztx22OVGpzSlh4RFFJWEU

Here's another WSJ article on the GT350 by Dan Neil, their automotive editor

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzVhd2ztx22Od2J3WkwwOHFDV28

TMO Supporting Vendors