The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Color Options

What color would you order for your 2015/2016 GT350?

• Avalanche Gray

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Competition Orange

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Deep Impact Blue Metallic

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Magnetic Metallic

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Oxford White

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Race Red

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Shadow Black

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Triple Yellow Tricoat

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The following colors are showing in Ford's ordering system for the limited run of 2015 GT350's. Possibly 125 cars as predicted here a few months ago. ;) I'm a little disappointed that the full Mustang color array is not available, like Ruby Red and Sterling Gray, but it is what is its. What color would you buy today? I'm hoping they offer Liquid Blue or Liquid Silver for 2017. Looks like competition orange and race red are not available on the R.

Avalanche Gray
Competition Orange
Deep Impact Blue Metallic
Magnetic Metallic
Oxford White
Race Red
Shadow Black
Triple Yellow Tricoat

attachment.jpg

Vermont
Am I reading it right or are the two charts inconsistent. First chart says the R (920A) isn't available in Competition Orange and Trple Yellow Tri Coat. Second chart says the R isn't available in Competition Orange and Race Red.

It is interesting how I naturally chose Oxford White and I see 33% of us went with white too.
I did this, because I was thinking of the original car.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I honestly have trouble trying to figure out what I'd order on any given day. This car looks so good in so many colors and stripe combinations. The only one I'd nix is black, and that's only because of the maintenance issues.

NFSBOSS said:
I'm with you. The Avalanche is growing on my by leaps and bounds. I was at the Ford dealer on Sat looking at all the different colored Mustangs and the magnetic looks sharp. Too bad the ruby red won't be available.

Magnetic is a really sharp color. my wife and I have also been out car shopping over the last couple weekends (I, of course, and continuously car shopping online but that's different ;-) as we're about to replace her Edge. We were just going to get her the new Edge Sport with the 2.7L Ecoboost that they're using in the f150...great package the Sport is...drives nicely, great interior, really impressed (we spent a lot of time cross-shopping too and spent a fair amount of time driving things like the Q5 TDi, SQ5, new LR Discovery Sport...but the wife preferred the Edge which says a lot given the price point). If it had come in magnetic, we would have gotten that...probably...but, instead, are going with white. BUT, while at the Ford store I learned of a pretty insane deal they're doing in the Fusion Energi's...the economics on those are crazy good right now. So I came home last night with one of those as well...ti version in magnetic with the light ceramic interior...sharp looking color combo...and green carpool lane stickers already on it. I'm super impressed with that car so far. If you're anywhere close to being in the market for such a vehicle, now's the time to lease one. the incentives are ridiculous.

I've wanted a gunmetal with black striped car for some time now. I'm probably going Magnetic with black stripes and most likely a black roof. Fortunately one of my interior designers is crazy good with Photoshop and is also a car nut.

cobrakidz said:
If the funds were available I would get an Oxford white one with stripe delete to match my 1966 GT350....a guy's gotta dream.
If the wife would okay the new one, I would goe white with blue stripes to match my carryover Shelby...I'm wondering how many folks that have these old GT 350's will step up to the new one?

Will never have another black car, to old for the up keep. Possibly would sell the Laguna Seca to have this one.

white with blue was my going assumption until I saw the avalanche. I've always wanted a shelby and felt like white / blue was just the right way to do it. Magnetic will make for an awesome gt350....but I'm kind of partial to lighter colors. Avalanche feels to me like a modern twist on white if that makes any sense.

I'm thinking magnetic with blue stripes would be a hot combo. I had a sterling gray GT that I sold to get my boss and I still have a thing for metallic gray. Possibly avalanche with blue stripes but I have to see that color in person before I could commit to it. I also like the white with blue stripes retro look very much but I don't know about having two white mustangs. Then I saw the picture of the race red stripe delete and was blown away with how good that car looked.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel