The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Crash At C&C Houston

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Let's hope this wasn't someone here. This guy should be thanking his lucky stars he didn't hit those three kids.

https://youtu.be/ZKfb-gBVbBk

I agree someone should slap him. I hope he realized how close he came to hurting some one showing off. I know how much we all like the attention our cars get but showing off on a crowded street is just plain stupid!!!

Silver LS said:
I agree someone should slap him. I hope he realized how close he came to hurting some one showing off. I know how much we all like the attention our cars get but showing off on a crowded street is just plain stupid!!!

What I don't get is why people still line the street like that. Especially with children. If you have the internet, you should know better.13lokx.jpg

Here's another angle. I get a young kid doing this, but this guy is old enough to know better. I guess he didn't have the traction control on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZrrvIx3eSo

Example of the type of A holes that got the C&C shut down here this past spring. :mad: Usually had about 150-200 cars on a good weather morning. However morons were all told by the event sponsors not to do any burnouts or WOT blasts when leaving as just across the street was a high $$ retirement condo & apts. ??? But Noooo, they didn't listen!! Mostly old farts in Corvettes and kids in slammed Honda's and Subu's ::) They just couldn't resists So PD shut it down after receiving complaints.

Wow, he definitely should be arrested for that type of stupidity. Glad that no one was injured during this mishap, especially the kids that were out enjoying the show. The guy even had the nerve to get out of the car and raise his hands as if he should be applauded. Idiot.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I'm a bit surprised at the reaction here. Yes, I agree the driver was not in control of his vehicle (that much is obvious), but the bystanders chose to put themselves in that position. As often as these type of videos seem to surface (and not just for Mustangs), one would think that the spectators would put some thought into their own safety.

All these crappy drivers giving Mustang owners a bad name annoy me. Some of us (especially on here) can actually drive our cars :eek:. Let's start a TMO C&C tour. Mission: attend as many C&Cs as we can, do epic power slides, and...wait for it...not crash! 8)

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Frankly a casual car show should be just that, not an exhibition of speed --take that to the track. Can see why sites get shut down, but it is also the responsibility of those who attend to keep others in control , or ban them from attending. Too many kids at our shows and there would be no excuse if one of them was run over!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
We have an annual car show where participants are encouraged to do a burn out on departure. County road, traffic stopped, burn out from a stop. The sponsor......the sheriff. A few have broke but no one is allowed near the road. No excessive speed. Lots of fun. It's great to have a Sheriff who is a car guy. His car?? 1971 Torino with 429 SCJ and Tremec, EFI and fabricated sub frame connectors. All made in my brothers shop.

You can have fun responsibly.

We raised over $8k for a local charity this year.

I totally agree with Arizona on this. The Driver was a jerk for what he did....no doubt about it..I don't blame the people for being there looking for a good time either but when you mix the two something bad may happen. Today's high performance cars are VERY hard to control if you don't know what you're doing....trust me on this! With nobody hurt things worked out well this time....AMEN

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel