The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Differential Fluid Change How To Video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I scoured the internet and the forums and was unable to find a how to video on changing the diff fluid so...I made my own video. If you want to see the tools and fluid required to do the job skip to the last few minutes of the video. Please subscribe to our channel and like the videos. Any feedback is also always welcome, enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZKhe2IPFz0

Nice work on the video!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Thanks Rick. I noticed after I posted the video I put one of the clips out of order. The video shows me adding fluid before I tighten down the cooler line. Definitely tighten the line before adding fluid. Overall, really cool seeing the aero and underside of the car and very easy to change. I went with the 75W85 because a higher viscosity oil may cause premature failure of the pump. Also, the magnet on the fill plug was super clean with little to no metal filings. Please subscribe to our channel. Thanks guys

Adam

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
tim said:
75W-85 is the same viscosity as 75W-500 at 40C. Adam, your plug in the video showed the typical metal paste that accumulates in these rear axles. It may not be filings but it still generates metal.

You're correct sir but in day to day non track conditions the fluid doesn't get up to temperature. My thought process was the extra strain on the pump due to the higher viscosity could cause it to wear out faster than running the recommended viscosity. Thanks for commenting

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel