The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Drive Mode Test

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

On my way to Thunderhill last week I had my son with me and we tested the three drive modes on a stretch of I-5 known as the causeway. This section is notorious for having "waves" in it that make any car bounce up and down. First up was Normal mode and the bouncing was obvious. Next I switched to Sport mode which increased the bouncing significantly. Last up is Track mode which had our heads bouncing off the headliner. :p Anyone else given the three modes a good test on the street?

BTW Track mode works really well on track.

That seems like a great place to test the car.

Are these drive modes similar to those of the Boss, i.e.: steering feel and traction control? Or do the GT350 modes Change suspension compression/rebound?

It definently rides like luxery car in normal mode, just a little tire noise which makes it a good Hwy cruiser. The other modes for me are track/Autox only. I think ford did a really good job in making a dual purpose car.

Peter

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel