The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Engine Mods?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyboygsxr said:
Was the rumor of Ford producing some type of "trackkey" style tune for the GT350 just a rumor? There are a few features I wish they would ditch like the way it holds the RPM for a second after you lift off. The trackkey option for the Boss was awesome, I wish they would do that for the 350.

Adam

I would love to get rid of the rpm hold, it's really annoying to me. Sad to hear they canned it. Is this something a typical aftermarket tune could get rid of?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Kansas
How much do you pay for 100 octane?
Its around 8 bucks a gallon here, and significantly more at the track.
I usually pay 2.50/gal or so for e85 and with the savings in fuel cost I can buy a warehouse full of fuel jugs to bring to the track.
I have a 55 gal drum, a 25 gal drum and 8 fuel jugs. When the price gets closer to 2.00/gal I go fill up.
Then I just pump from my own personal gas station here in my shop as needed.
The real bonus is that it runs way cooler than any gasoline-racing
or not-so you can tune much more aggressively.
On my blower car it's a difference of more than 100 hp so it's a no brainer for me.
N/A cars will benefit from the cooling nature of e85 too, although not nearly as much, however the costs savings do still add up.
I know this is an old post, but hopefully you will see this. I have a 2019 GT 350 stock. I track the car and will be at Kansas Speedway this weekend. The local VP guy says I can run HP 101 or MS 109. Do you know either of these fuels? At this point I do not want to tune it to void the warranty. So how do these fuels work with a factory tune? Thanks for any help.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
I know this is an old post, but hopefully you will see this. I have a 2019 GT 350 stock. I track the car and will be at Kansas Speedway this weekend. The local VP guy says I can run HP 101 or MS 109. Do you know either of these fuels? At this point I do not want to tune it to void the warranty. So how do these fuels work with a factory tune? Thanks for any help.
Yes, you can run them.
MS 101 is plenty for a stock motor/tune. Probably wont be any faster, but it will give you a safety margin against detonation. Do you NEED it? Probably not.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel