The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Front Brake Pad Replacement Tips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey all.

Caliperfexion is run and maintained by my lovely wife, Patti. Her background runs the gamut. The stud concept was a natural for her as after all, she married me.:)

The latest brainstorm was a sleeve (or stud extension) that in essence elongates the stud, temporarily. This mimics the elongated bolts shown earlier in this thread, as well as in the factory service manual. From concept to prototype, George at MGW was there all the way. The images that follow show his handiwork, 100%.

Sleeves come packaged in pairs.

Image00002.jpg

After unpacking, remove the set screw from each end with a 1/4" Allen or hex key. The set screws are to protect the threads and should be reinstalled when you are done using the sleeves.

Image00005.jpg

Remove the 9/16" twelve point ARP nuts/washers from the end of the studs (remember, the sleeves only work for those that have installed Caliperfexion caliper studs in stainless or 4340).

Image00001.jpg

Thread each one of the sleeves onto the now exposed threads of the studs. Hand tighten until each sleeve bottoms out.

Image00010.jpg

Image00006.jpg

If you didn't already unseat the brake pad guide pins, now is the time to do so, before you slide the caliper outward.

Image00008.jpg

You can now easily slide the caliper towards the rear of the car.

Image00013.jpg

The rotor can be removed without obstruction as well, allowing even greater access to the inside of the caliper.

Image00015.jpg

Any prying or tapping should be done with the caliper slid back up against the knuckle. Be smart about their use and they will reward the user with a long and healthy life. Be sure to keep both the internal sleeve threads clean as well as those on the end of the stud.

Image00016.jpg

Once pad work is complete, reinstall everything and torque the ARP nuts to spec.

Sleeves are $45, shipped and should be available as soon as the boss gets everything in line.

Last edited:
I know that Patti is working with "Square" so that a link can be added to the website but at current, Caliperfexion can only take a check or money order. The mailing address is at the bottom of the website. I'll see what she has to say about when.

I'm ready for the next time I remove the front hubs.

IMG_0447.JPG

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors