The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Fuel Economy Video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
https://youtu.be/tUk3hZ1sjKk

On our way to the Porsche driving experience in Atlanta we decided to talk about some fuel economy numbers. We will post a video later about our experience in a GT3 and GT4 and the contrast between these cars and the 350. Let me know what you think and if you have any ideas for future videos. Thanks

Adam

Adam, I'm getting worse gas mileage on track and on the street in my 350 compared to my Boss. I actually got 26 mpg in my Boss, once, just as advertised. And I even hit 100 mph on that tank. :p

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
The gt350 is worse for highway fuel economy but I got 7 vs 6mpg on track. Basically what I'm saying is the GT350 is saving the earth with phenomenal fuel economy. Ok, not really :)

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Could be car to car.............................

2012 Boss 302 22-26mpg on the highway
2013 Boss 302 19-21 mpg on the highway

Could never get top mileage out of the 13 compared to the 12, though both were at 5-6 at the track.

Interesting to see if the GT 350 gets any better when it gets here?!

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Bill Pemberton said:
Could be car to car.............................

2012 Boss 302 22-26mpg on the highway
2013 Boss 302 19-21 mpg on the highway

Could never get top mileage out of the 13 compared to the 12, though both were at 5-6 at the track.

Interesting to see if the GT 350 gets any better when it gets here?!

Not sure I'm proud that I'm saving the environment since I have a '12 or bummed because perhaps I'm sacrificing performance for fuel milage. Which begs the question - which is heavier, the 12 or 13?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel