The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350/GT clutch bleed assistance/guidence

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Virginia
Recently replaced the Gt350 clutch with another OEM and the stainless steal line. The TOB was replaced not to long ago and was fairly new so I didn't opt to change it this time around .
Of course now I'm having issues getting the clutch line bleed. I spent probably more then an hour manually pumping the clutch peddle with really no improvement. I even offset the raised vehicle to tilt driver side up to hopefully get those bubbles out.
I purchased a 42mm pressure cap for the master clutch top as well. I have a motive brake system as well.

Looking for guidance on next steps since it appears I'm not getting the fluid down to the TOB. Should I get a different vacuum setup? Slightly screwed and need to yank down the trans again to the get to input on the trans side?

81sNXCNY1pL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

In the V6L
Service manual instructions say to pull 15" to 20" vacuum for a minute on the reservoir then release it suddenly. Do it over and over until the clutch is working properly, as many as four or five times.

Sounds like you'll need a Mityvac along with something like that cap in the picture to hook it up with.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Virginia
I do have a motive system/unit. So sounds like I need to hook that up and start pulling as recommended above.

no reason to get crazy with this, go to your local hardware store, get a rubber stopper that fits your reservoir, drill a hole in it, force a 1/4 inch piece of copper tubing through the stopper, then use this to apply the vacuum. Between the hardware store and Advance Auto you should have about $60 invested, more if you go with the hi zoot vacuum pump.

1629076517664.png

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Virginia
Yes realizing my statement yesterday I went ahead and just purchased a simple unit as described above from Amazon, showed yup in a total of 18 hours :)

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Virginia
Yes the $20 vacuum pump system along with a 42mm cap from amazon appears to have fixed the issue. I'm sure their maybe another bubble or to so I'll drive it a tad and then re vacuum pump. Otherwise everything felt pretty good.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel