The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350/GT4 fiberglass hood vents

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

@zzj

Would you mind posting a fully dimensioned pic? (assuming it's kosher to do so)

I just used the info on the post #14 from Fred as my reference.
The approaching way I used was using that 18" length as a base line to zoom the photo 1:1 in the AutoCAD. Then I traced all the outline of the end plate. After I finished the trace I took the measurement at other place where Fred put the dimensions on and try to make them as close as possible. I don't think it would be a perfect 100% match compare to the original end plates on the FP350S around 1-1.5% error but I feel it is close enough for me. I also took my own measurement on my APR wing to get the thickness of the carbon fiber they used along with the distance between two mounting screws and size of the holes. These dimensions are in my previous post.

@zzj those look great. I may buy a pair from you. Much better than mine.

Feel free to DM me your mailing address and I'll send you a set.

Last edited:
Tasty!

Thanks for the update. When you’re ready to start selling them, I’d like a pair. I can pay via. Pay Pal whenever you’re ready.
Thanks again,
Tony

Where do we send our money???

I delivered the first fiberglass vent to @honeybadger today. He has not installed it yet but should be able to provide feedback on the product. The Fiberglass GT350 hood vents are $300 plus $15 shipping

DISCLAIMER: This is not show a quality part. If you want to make it show quality it will require more labor/bodywork to make it show quality. This is a nice race car functional part. I wanted to get feedback before selling them so I asked Honeybadger for his feedback. I don't need the drama so if your not sure please don't buy until you get feedback/reviews.

There are 3 available for shipping next week. PM me and I will provide my paypal info. I don't want to have more orders than inventory.

Photos should help with cutting your hood

72af9e2f99d727ece4e70429a270ddeb.jpg917596d0bc08ae0ff8790ad1f6a0cc5a.jpg481828a21ce913bfcb097157b54ef945.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful work on the hood vent. Is this based on the GT4 vent and therefor aero-tested by Ford Racing? No hood undulating / concerning movement at speed?
"Rain Tray" option for wet? My GT350 is asking for one..
Yes, its similar to the GT4 vent. The extra airflow takes care of the hood lift/undulation at speed. No rain tray.

I delivered the first fiberglass vent to @honeybadger today. He has not installed it yet but should be able to provide feedback on the product. The Fiberglass GT350 hood vents are $300 plus $15 shipping

DISCLAIMER: This is not show a quality part. If you want to make it show quality it will require more labor/bodywork to make it show quality. This is a nice race car functional part. I wanted to get feedback before selling them so I asked Honeybadger for his feedback. I don't need the drama so if your not sure please don't buy until you get feedback/reviews.

There are 3 available for shipping next week. PM me and I will provide my paypal info. I don't want to have more orders than inventory.

Photos should help with cutting your hood

72af9e2f99d727ece4e70429a270ddeb.jpg917596d0bc08ae0ff8790ad1f6a0cc5a.jpg481828a21ce913bfcb097157b54ef945.jpg

Sent you a PM

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel