The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Headers, CAI and Tune?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Someone over on 6G posted their dyno chart after installing a JLT CAI and tune by DPC Racing. With a 31 HP gain that looks impressive. You gotta wonder what will happen with all that plus LT headers, eliminating the cats and a more free flowing exhaust. Could there be 60 HP hiding in there?

It will be fun to see but I'll be the first one to say my driveline is staying stock until it's proven mods like this don't make the car vibrate apart. Ok who's going first?

attachment.jpg

Saw that. Looks promising. Can't wait to see equal length headers. With the tune, I would want to see reliability and useability of the gains before buying. I think ideally I want a tune to bring HP/TQ lower in the Rpm curve.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Hrm. Gotta wonder what's up with the lack of smoothing on those curves. Looks like you can pick out 3 values for both curves at 6,750 RPM. Tire slippage to the drum?

VooDooBOSS said:
Someone over on 6G posted their dyno chart after installing a JLT CAI and tune by DPC Racing. With a 31 HP gain that looks impressive. You gotta wonder what will happen with all that plus LT headers, eliminating the cats and a more free flowing exhaust. Could there be 60 HP hiding in there?

It will be fun to see but I'll be the first one to say my driveline is staying stock until it's proven mods like this don't make the car vibrate apart. Ok who's going first?

attachment.jpg

not it.

Yep, I know that guy and will be doing the same with JLT on my 350R. They have requested to test fit their CAI and tune when I do receive the car (now in Feb!). I'm all about it, why the heck not. I'll go with black under the hood, more OEM look.

Austin
Other than possibly a freer-flowing filter, what good would an after market CAI do on this car? I'd like to see the chart with just the tune and stock intake. My guess is it would be almost identical.

EDIT: Well never mind. I went and looked at the original post and they did just that.

VoodooBOSS said:

attachment.jpg

I can tell you that with the ARH long tubes and off road X pipes their isn't anymore vibration then stock. What is noticeable is the sound. It's loud, sharp, crisp and responsive! I love it. I'm glad I stayed with the stock active mufflers. The sound is noticeably different with the ARH system and stock mufflers. It still has that awesome flat plane crank sound, but it ups the ante! The stock mufflers do a great job of reducing sound in normal mode, almost stock sounding with very little if any drone at all. When it's in sport mode it's like all hell broke loose.

TMO Supporting Vendors