The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Hot Tip Of The Day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I had the need to drop one side of the back seat to carry something long in the trunk. As I was driving around I noticed the car sounded a bit louder from the exhaust and thought the mufflers might be opening up with some miles on the car. Then I realized it was the seat being down that made the exhaust sound louder. I just got back from a 50 mile drive with both seats down and the exhaust note is noticeably louder. I imagine it's closer in exhaust note to the R with the resonators deleted. Give it a try. ;D

in the Boss, when I had the rear seats down (to carry a bike or something), I'd hear a lot of noise from the diff...and a lot more exhaust.

In the 350, the lack of trunk junk / carpet made it loud to begin with, but with the rear seat delete piece out, it's crazy how loud it is. Not only more exhaust noise (and no diff noise, btw), but I hear every frickin' little rock that the sticky cup 2's throw up into the rear wheel wells...takes a little getting used to.

However, the wind buffeting is pretty bad so I'm likely going to have to figure out some sort of block-out panel back there.

IAutO7T.jpg

VoodooBOSS said:
I had the need to drop one side of the back seat to carry something long in the trunk. As I was driving around I noticed the car sounded a bit louder from the exhaust and thought the mufflers might be opening up with some miles on the car. Then I realized it was the seat being down that made the exhaust sound louder. I just got back from a 50 mile drive with both seats down and the exhaust note is noticeably louder. I imagine it's closer in exhaust note to the R with the resonators deleted. Give it a try. ;D
I probably didn't drive it long enough to know for sure, but with the RSD mine sounds just slightly louder than before the rear seats came out for the roll bar. Removing the resonators made a bigger difference than removing the rear seats did though.

TMO Supporting Vendors