The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Lowering Springs And Sway Bars from Ford Performance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Correct. But I'm pretty sure they are progressive rate springs not linear rate springs. 20mm is just over 3/4"
Eibachs gt350 springs lower the car .9 front and .7 rear. Or nearly 23mm lower front and 18mm rear. I already have 30 series tires and with the R splitter its low as it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8250RPM said:
Correct. But I'm pretty sure they are progressive rate springs not linear rate springs. 20mm is just over 3/4"
Eibachs gt350 springs lower the car .9 front and .7 rear. Or nearly 23mm lower front and 18mm rear. I already have 30 series tires and with the R splitter its low as it is.
Sounds like these springs are not for you.

Some additional info:
The springs are slightly stiffer than stock but not much. Still rides fine with no harshness.

VoodooBOSS said:
Sounds like these springs are not for you.

Some additional info:
The springs are slightly stiffer than stock but not much. Still rides fine with no harshness.

Stiffer than the stock track pack springs, not R springs, correct?

DFW, TX
Since there is no distinction between use on an R or non-R, I'm wondering what Ford baselined for the rear sway bar: R or non-R??

Maybe you will still want the R rear bar if you do this swap.

I ditched the R rear bar and went with Eibach front and rear bars for adjustment. The Eibach bars are of better quality. I also went with delrin sway bar bushings front and rear. I have the R springs now but will try the FR springs. My order is in [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got home from the dealer that installed my Ford Performance lowering springs. First the stance looks fantastic and looks perfect with the MPSS tires on the car. More of a gap will be visible with the SC2 tires.

The ride is noticeable firmer and it's not something that's barely noticeable. It's not harsh and doesn't ruin the ride on the street but you'll notice it right off the bat. I drove on a street with construction and you knew the pavement was not perfect. I also hit a few expansion joints on the fwy and they are harsher. Unless your car is a DD I wouldn't worry about it and I probably wouldn't worry about it if your car is a DD. I also ran through a section of pavement that had some large bumps on it and the car moved with the bumps and did not absorb them.

I just realized the before photo is with the SC2 tires and the second one with the MPSS tires.

IMG_8976.jpgIMG_1169.JPG

Rick, do you have any experience riding in an R, and if so, what is your anecdotal comparison? Also, how much does the feel change between modes now?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel