The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Luncy starts -Dealer greed over the top.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
Called 4 dealers with track pack cars. ADM's ranged from $30K over to a low of $10K over.

R models are carrying a $40K ADM.

Ridiculous :mad:

I blame Ford for this. They make a great car that is affordable only to put them in the hands of the stealerships without any controls on markups.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
There is no blame, only market forces. Ford can only build so many of these cars due to internal constraints related to fuel economy. It is amazing cars like these and the Z28 and Z06 Vettes are built at all. The only way to beat the ADM is to wait it out. The early adopters willing to pay more will thin out over the next year. Also you can do like some others and search the nation and make calls to find the dealers that are selling at MSRP. Keep looking you will find it out there.
Steve

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
REAL 1 said:
Called 4 dealers with track pack cars. ADM's ranged from $30K over to a low of $10K over.

R models are carrying a $40K ADM.

Ridiculous :mad:

I blame Ford for this. They make a great car that is affordable only to put them in the hands of the stealerships without any controls on markups.

40K? 100K Plus selling price.

I'm all for posting the names, town and state of any Ford Dealer charging ADM on product. We need to know for our Shelby GT350 in market shoppers. IMO, of course.

2HP

REAL 1

Yep. Market forces. True. I remember when ADMs on the Boss were $10K to $15K over and GT500 ADMs in 2008 were $15K.

As the "Master" said to Grasshopper in "Kung Fu" series, "patience Grasshopper, patience".

It's very frustrating. @cloud9 and I have discussed this a lot. What's frustrating is we both wanted R's but didn't want to kill a lot of brain cells and Benjamin's getting one so we ordered track pack cars. There will be a lot of R's that will never see the track which is a shame. Jim Owens stated at the LS Track Tour event that they wanted to preserve value of the cars but keeping production at relatively low levels. (I'm paraphrasing here) Well that's great for some but what about the people that want to drive the wheels off of them?

My local dealer, Future Ford Roseville, is know for having stupid high ADM's. I tried to order my Boss from them and they said to my face that they could want a $100K ADM. I walked out and will never buy a car there although their service dept is pretty good. This if for a Tech car.

FC99706C-F153-4286-A205-EEF37ADE8F7A_zpsneshougl.jpg
A4FD721A-56EF-4550-BA2C-C7C9878D569A_zpsae0g8lwl.jpg
12DE7B00-B9EF-45A2-8D69-4384328C11A6_zpssxp73qxv.jpg

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
That's a little steeper than I expected, but Steve is right. Just market forces at play.

I am beginning to think that I'm going to have to wait for a 2018 to order an R at MSRP.

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
Crazy thing is even R owners aren't done spending money, e.g. Replace the CF wheels. I never have and never will pay sticker for a car. I got my Boss for $2k under sticker. But that's just me. My next move is a new F150 and they average $10k under sticker here in Texas.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
Based on my what I paid for my Boss, ADM's are just "conversation starters".

My Boss had a $15K ADM.

The car ended up being purchased for a little over MSRP.

That said, I will never pay over MSRP for a vehicle again.

An (excessive) GT350 ADM really tells you: be a smart cookie, don't be an idiot, and go buy a Porsche Cayman S instead, and get quality dealer service experience to boot.

Every time a hot new car comes out, some people with unlimited money will pay ridiculous ADM to be the first on the block. There were people who paid $25K over sticker for Z/28s and a year later they were $15 *under* sticker.

I am old enough to remember a guy paying way over sticker for a 1978 RX-7. He tried to convince everyone it was an "investment" and that they would be really rare...

I personally would never buy a first year car of *any* type, let alone something as new and complex as a GT350. First year cars have issues, period, and that included the Boss as some oil burner owners found out. I had a first year WRX and it was in the shop over a dozen times for things that were corrected in subsequent model years.

Cool your jets for two years on this one. By then, Chevy will have the new Z/28 out, and the GT350 will go for under sticker.

Bay Area
Throttle back, I waited out on my Boss and got it under MSRP from my dealer. Wait an additional year or two and buy. Hell, most people that aren't on here that have bought a GT350 with the ADM will sale them soon.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Free advertising and a sure draw for people to come to the showroom.

Brilliant for a store that does not want to sell the car just yet.

This dealer is in my neck of the woods. I have seem marketing like this in the past, its usually successful.

After all, they got their name on our screens....right?? ;D

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
What you ask for and what you get are usually two entirely different things.

While there are a few out there with unlimited disposable income, most are like the folks here and in the end, we'll drive down the ADMs. It's just a matter of tyme.

REAL 1

This is exactly why Ford took the new FGT away from dealers and is offering it direct to the customer.

Dealer greed as usual is unbridled and disgusting. On principal I wouldn't buy a GT350 over MSRP right now.

I remember large ADMs with the Shelby GT, the GT500KR, '07 GT500 and Boss. I never forget a local dealer in 2008 asking $15K over list on a 2007 GT500 right before the market tanked and housing crashed. I offered MSRP. They laughed. I walked. Two weeks later they called me after the housing market crash and offered me the car for $200 over their cost/tissue on the car. Now I laughed.

Where are all those guys who paid the $10K to $25K over list on those cars today? You certainly won't here from them now due to embarrassment. What a waste of money.

It's just frustrating. I would buy a GT350 at MSRP but will NEVER pay over list. I'll wait.

Truth is most of us can't even push a Boss to it's limits on a track in stock configuration.

REAL 1

Fomoco302 said:
The only thing that dealer @115k is missing is a gun and a mask!
Just remember the stealerships when and if you go to buy another Ford product.

LOL. That about sums it up. I remember in '08 and '09 when they were dying after the housing crash/market crash. After a while I almost started feeling sorry for them but them I remembered...... ;)

I have been fortunate to buy my LS, and now an R for $5k over sticker. I thought that was fair for a limited production car. I lucked out having a good dealership near me. It also helps to get there as soon as the car is introduced and put a small deposit down.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
Summit924 said:
I have been fortunate to buy my LS, and now an R for $5k over sticker. I thought that was fair for a limited production car. I lucked out having a good dealership near me. It also helps to get there as soon as the car is introduced and put a small deposit down.

$5K over for an R sounds like a deal. It is almost like Ford threw the dealers a bone with a "too low" MSRP for that model.

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel