The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Luncy starts -Dealer greed over the top.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really doubt Ford is making as good a margin on the GT350 as their other vehicles. And it's winter. I believe the Shelby VP said at the Track Tour that they shared the same production line as the Mustangs and other vehicles. They have a business that needs to make profit, guess which cars will take priority? Yes, they know people want the GT350 BADLY, but it is not a money-maker for them like the other vehicles that are in high demand.

TMSBOSS said:
You do realize sedans and pickups are categorized differently for CAFE standards?

There is a Gas Guzzler tax on the GT-350

An ADM on a 15,000 unit per month production is not likely. Supply and Demand.

I'm well aware that there are different categories. If you like a good, dry, read, there's an 85meg file at the following site where you can get caught up on just how much light trucks figure into the mix.

http://www.nhtsa.gov/fuel-economy

Again, in MY 2016 (or 2017 for that matter), the GT350 doesn't even scratch the surface in terms of being a CAFE concern for Ford. We aren't there yet.

My point about a hypothetical ADM on F150's was rhetorical, at best. The point wasn't with respect to economics but rather about making a great product and then creating a "stressed" means of having it distributed.

This thread has run it's course. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMO Supporting Vendors