The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 News and Predictions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
NFSBOSS said:
You have to add in the track pack price to the R so it's $10,000 more than a base car not $3,500. The SVT package adds AC and stereo so really $13,000 more than base if you want a streetable car.

Such a Debbie Downer. ;)

NFSBOSS said:
You have to add in the track pack price to the R so it's $10,000 more than a base car not $3,500. The SVT package adds AC and stereo so really $13,000 more than base if you want a streetable car.

Base is fine with me :-D I know if I had an R I would KILL those rims and I would probably cry so a reg 350 w/track pack is all me!

I'm liking a track pack GT350 with NAV and rear spoiler delete so I can add the wing without replacing the trunk lid. Then add the R front spoiler and pick up cloud9's CF wheels and I'll be all set. :p Of course in 2017 both liquid blue and silver will be an option along with a 7 speed DCT. ::) For the 2016 colors I like DIB and RR with a caveat for the avalanche. Oh and no stripes on any of them. To me the front end is a bit busy looking and the multicolored stripes don't help.

NFSBOSS said:
I'm liking a track pack GT350 with NAV and rear spoiler delete so I can add the wing without replacing the trunk lid. Then add the R front spoiler and pick up cloud9's CF wheels and I'll be all set. :p Of course in 2017 both liquid blue and silver will be an option along with a 7 speed DCT. ::) For the 2016 colors I like DIB and RR with a caveat for the avalanche. Oh and no stripes on any of them. To me the front end is a bit busy looking and the multicolored stripes don't help.

I agree that the stripes clutter the front end.
nav? isn't that what phones are for? ;-)
if they were offering an excellent dct, I'd have a hard time deciding...the manual-only choice for '16's makes it easy.

fuhrius said:
I agree that the stripes clutter the front end.
nav? isn't that what phones are for? ;-)
if they were offering an excellent dct, I'd have a hard time deciding...the manual-only choice for '16's makes it easy.
I want the large screen for the other functions not for the NAV function itself. If the P1 and GT3 come with NAV's then I want one too. LOL

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
If the track pack includes the MagneRide and coolers, then I might take that as the only option. If it's just 'specific tuning' and coolers, then maybe I will get a completely stripped-down base car. :(

Grant 302

NFSBOSS said:
Track pack includes MagnaRide and Recaro's plus the coolers.. ;)

Forgot about the Recaros. :-\ Base '15 seats aren't bad, but I guess I need the Track Pack!

So the base cars don't get MagneRide at all or just softer/street suspension tuning?

Grant 302 said:
Forgot about the Recaros. :-\ Base '15 seats aren't bad, but I guess I need the Track Pack!

So the base cars don't get MagneRide at all or just softer/street suspension tuning?
We won't know for sure until the real order guide comes out but my guess is the base car does not have magnaride which is contrary to what I've posted previously. One thing for sure is there are no CCB's regardless what you might read elsewhere. Ford tested them and the performance/value proposition did not pass go. The cars at the Ring last July had them.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/ford-announces-hyper-limited-run-of-gt350gt350r-models-for-2015/

Ford Announces Hyper-Limited Run of GT350/GT350R Models for 2015
April 28, 2015 at 10:01 am by Erik Johnson | Photography by Michael Simari and the Manufacturer
36421 SHARES

217 TWEETS

The 2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 is undoubtedly wicked. It packs a 500-plus-hp flat-crank V-8. Gobs of sticky rubber stuffed under widened aluminum fenders. Magnetorheological shocks. Aero-focused bodywork and track-hammering chassis tuning. And there’s more. Now, Ford says, there will be a precious few available with 2015-model-year VINs.

The car was debuted last fall as a 2016, and it was quickly followed in January by the even more hard-core GT350R, also as a 2016. But the Blue Oval has learned much from Ol’ Shel, on whose name the beastliest Mustangs have traded for more than five decades and who knew a thing or two about stirring up demand, and so 100 GT350s will be produced for 2015 to honor the 50 years that have passed since the first GT350 debuted in January 1965.

Half of the 2015 GT350 models will be equipped with the Technology package, which adds navigation, leather-trimmed seats, power seat adjustments, the Sync 3 infotainment system, dual-zone auto climate control, and other niceties. The other 50 examples will come with the Track Pack and its heavy-duty front springs; engine, transmission, and diff coolers; adjustable drive modes; and strut-tower brace. All are sure to be future collectibles, but we know which version of the 2015 we already covet more.

2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R: Ready to Slaughter Tracks Near You
5 Things You Need to Know About the GT350’s Flat-Crank V-8
Everything You Need to Know About the GT350: Specs, News, Photos, and More
Ford also will produce a limited run of GT350R track weapons with 2015 designations—exactly 37, which lines up with the number of FIA-homologated competition Mustangs Carroll Shelby says his firm produced in 1965. (Records show that perhaps 36 is the correct number—34 production and 2 prototypes—but Ford is sticking to the Shelby mythology for this release.) The company doesn’t say exactly how to get your hands on a 2015 GT350 or 350R, but we’d figure having Bill Ford, Jr., on speed dial might be required.

Grant 302

Grant 302 said:
The good news, is that *IF* MagneRide isn't in the Base car, then maybe the Base MSRP is less than $53k...maybe right around $50k?

IF the base car does sticker at $49,995...then I would have only been off by 0.01%. ;D I still would have lost on 'Price is Right' though. ::) :p

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see where it said the base car would be $49,995. However, I came across an article stating just that. Soo here's hoping.

Grant 302

ufnavy06 said:
Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see where it said the base car would be $49,995. However, I came across an article stating just that. Soo here's hoping.

From the leaked guide:
P8J $47,870
Destination $825
L59 GG tax $1,300

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
The dealer I got my Boss from told me about $50K for the base and $63.5 for the GT350R. He assures me he would sell me one or the other at MSRP and will get back to me on the delivery. On a side note I asked about the return of the F-150 Raptor and he tells me it's scheduled for the fall of 2016.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel