The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 News and Predictions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
cloud9 said:
The way I read it he's heading up the entire EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) operation, not just marketing.

Well, good for you! Point is, he is moving to Europe.

The email alert message summary I received, mentioned Fords need for Jim's marketing experience. But for Cloud 9's benefit, The following is a summary, (with more "Detail") from the Automotive News article.

"The executives start their new roles on Jan. 1. Both will continue to report to Ford CEO Mark Fields.

The moves will see Farley get his first senior operating role at the company and bring his seven years of experience as marketing chief to Ford's Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) operations, which have been losing money for years because of Europe's austerity-scarred market.

Farley, once considered in the running for Ford's top job, will get operating experience and the chance to lead a turnaround, said two people familiar with the internal discussions, who asked not to be identified. "The idea here is to give a 'fresh eyes' approach both to EMEA and global marketing, without tearing up everything," a senior Ford official said. End Quote"

Currently estimated losses for Ford Europe this year is 1.2B, so if Jim can turn this around, he'll have a good shot at becoming a future President of FoMoCo.

Enjoy your Boss!

Dave
2HP

NFSBOSS said:
Note the "vehicle debuts" for Ford at 11:05 on Wednesday during the press schedule. Probably a standard slot and the GT350 will be out of the bag by then but who knows that else Ford has planned. The first day of the show open to the public is Friday the 21st and BMO will be there with their crack photographer.
Definitely looking forward to your reports. Hopefully there will be some info on availability, planned build #s and allocations.

timing and build volumes would nice...but I just want to see the darn thing!!! would like to be there in person for it.

good news about the boss 'trade in' program mentioned above is that boss values have held up pretty darn well. I continue to dig driving mine every single day...but I'm pretty certain I'm in for a gt350(r).

I've already told my local dealer / friend that as long as it's executed to anywhere near where our hype / speculation is, that I want one. ditto on the focus rs.

fuhrius said:
timing and build volumes would nice...but I just want to see the darn thing!!! would like to be there in person for it.

good news about the boss 'trade in' program mentioned above is that boss values have held up pretty darn well. I continue to dig driving mine every single day...but I'm pretty certain I'm in for a gt350(r).

I've already told my local dealer / friend that as long as it's executed to anywhere near where our hype / speculation is, that I want one. ditto on the focus rs.
I hear you. Based on what's been speculated/hyped I am guessing pretty high demand. I also heard some fairly low speculated R numbers which could lead to a very tight market like we saw with the GT500 when it came back in 2007. ADMs were out of sight for the first two years. I am guessing the market for the R will be fairly narrow though, so hopefully everyone that wants one will be able to get one.

EMEA is a new one for me. I'm familiar with MENA. ;)

Not sure about the allocations but I'll most likely be buying a regular GT350. I'm pretty sure the GT350R will come with CF wheels and CC brakes which I don't want. Like the Boss I expect the RSD kit from the R to be available for purchase. Same with any additional aero aids. Not sure if all the other CF parts will be on both cars though. But maybe after seeing the R I'll change my mind.

My CFO has also approved my upgrade but I'll wait until the second year and continue to drive my Boss for two more years.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
I will wait for the second year of production before I purchase my GT350. Other than a new MGW shifter and maybe axle back mufflers, I won't be moding this ride.

If I feel a need to mod, I'll buy something new for the Boss.
Dave

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Lucky dawgs in here, already ready to buy! :)

I will not be on the owners list for the 350 for the next decade due to racing budget requirements. Unless I get a couple stellar promotions in the coming years :)

wonder why all the ecoboost talk? just as Farley's talking about it they cut to a shot of the tranny and exhaust...I keep guessing (well, more like hoping) that this car see a trick 8-speed auto...
then they talk about 'these vehicles' and 'this vehicle'...hoping that means that focus RS also but it probably means gt350 / gt350r
at 0.44, what's the 'carbon fiber' bit, I wonder?
looks like the same seats as the boss.
still love the closing engine note sound.

The CF piece states Carbon Fiber Composite...hood. Iv'e been expecting a CF roof, hood and decklid. Also min of 200 pounds lighter than the GT at least on the R with CF wheels and CC brakes.

I think the TT turbo will be on the GT500 not the GT350. The driveshaft didn't look CF which I expected. I heard the FPC wasn't going to be the biggest surprise so maybe it's a fancy auto trans. Dual clutch or otherwise. It's going to be a long week. :p

Note the exhaust more similar to the S197.

here's a big surprise: 4wd. not.
but as I listen to the videos of the car on the 'ring' it sure seems to have an auto tranny.
I agree with you on that CF piece looking like a radiator shroud...which just seems bizarre.

Rick, do you have specifics on when / where the 'alleged' unveiling happens? I'm tempted to do a quick roadtrip.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Fairly confident this is the driveshaft rear flange.

That is definitely NOT an MT-82. I'd expect another 6060, since GM has exclusive rights to the 7-speed TR-6070 for another 2-3 years.

I see a TPS here (middle lower left), I think. Not sure what the bundle of snakes is, maybe coolant crossover--but it doesn't look attractive.

Surprised the intake manifold is similar to the Coyote. I also expected a CJ-type tunnel-ram manifold. Can't really see any turbos or FI here, but the comments certainly seem to indicate that direction.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel