The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 or Boss 302

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Z/28's are being sold at a huge discount because GM sometimes offers a 15%-20% discount on the oldest dealership inventory. Because Z's haven't been selling well lately, they frequently end up getting caught in these sales. A pretty good deal, in my opinion.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
I like the new GT350 and I also like performance cars of all makes. I really don't see it as a Boss or Shelby GT350 comparison, reminds me of Mary Ann or Ginger?

Both cars will have their place in history and I think that Real1 summed it up quite nicely. Each car has and will have their place in time.

The Boss 302 has become Legendary for its Race and production street car performance. The Boss 302 is just plain FUN to drive and it is untamed without manors, or it can be tamed with the right driver.

The Boss 302 Mustang is also so easy to work on by its owners. I am by no means a technician, but even I have successfully upgraded and/or completed every mod(s) to my car.

Thinking back, I do have to say that Ford Motor Company did a great job in promoting the Boss is back. Books were written, Film Documentaries were made, Famous Race Drivers were assembled to help fine tune the Boss. All very nicely documented by Ford. To me this all adds to the Boss Legend.

Then the Boss 302 Race program and we all saw the Boss 302 win Championships. So much so that it required rule changes to make the Boss less competitive. Once at Mid-Ohio, then entire Boss 302 field ran a few laps and then returned to pit lane in protest of the restricted TB rule.

Yes, I just don't see it as a Boss 302 or Shelby GT350 comparison. I'm sure over time the new Mustang will also carve out its place in automotive history, well just have to wait and see. But whatever happens, these cars are different in so many ways, and each car has it's advantages, disadvantages.

Both are great Mustangs in their own right.

Enjoy it while you can, as big EPA requirements are coming in 2019. This might all be gone? It happened once before.

302 Hi Pro

DOM529

302 in 416
302 Hi Pro said:
I like the new GT350 and I also like performance cars of all makes. I really don't see it as a Boss or Shelby GT350 comparison, reminds me of Mary Ann or Ginger?

Both cars will have their place in history and I think that Real1 summed it up quite nicely. Each car has and will have their place in time.

The Boss 302 has become Legendary for its Race and production street car performance. The Boss 302 is just plain FUN to drive and it is untamed without manors, or it can be tamed with the right driver.

The Boss 302 Mustang is also so easy to work on by its owners. I am by no means a technician, but even I have successfully upgraded and/or completed every mod(s) to my car.

Thinking back, I do have to say that Ford Motor Company did a great job in promoting the Boss is back. Books were written, Film Documentaries were made, Famous Race Drivers were assembled to help fine tune the Boss. All very nicely documented by Ford. To me this all adds to the Boss Legend.

Then the Boss 302 Race program and we all saw the Boss 302 win Championships. So much so that it required rule changes to make the Boss less competitive. Once at Mid-Ohio, then entire Boss 302 field ran a few laps and then returned to pit lane in protest of the restricted TB rule.

Yes, I just don't see it as a Boss 302 or Shelby GT350 comparison. I'm sure over time the new Mustang will also carve out its place in automotive history, well just have to wait and see. But whatever happens, these cars are different in so many ways, and each car has it's advantages, disadvantages.

Both are great Mustangs in their own right.

Enjoy it while you can, as big EPA requirements are coming in 2019. This might all be gone? It happened once before.

302 Hi Pro

I have to agree with you. ;)
The BOSS was never a Shelby competitor nor to be compared to. New school nor old.
My 70 BOSS was the most fun and favourite classic I've owned and or driven. The old school Shelbys and Mach 1s too were nice but for straight line.

The other factor to consider is the new lines on the Mustang. There are many who just don't like the latest design.

I would not sell my LS for the new GT350 as I'm still having to tame it and lots of fun still to go.
Looking forward to seeing the GT350 on the road though and will hold back on any other comments for now.

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!

302 Hi Pro
[/quote]

The EPA needs to be reigned in. Keep it in mind next November!

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Got my 12 Boss at MRSP but it took a lot of work finding an allocation without ADM. Not so lucky in my search for a GT350 or GT350R - Lowest ADM I found was 10K and to be honest, it's not the money but rather the principle. I also will add that I found an allocation at my second dealership. The Boss took me eight dealers to find an allocation and a ninth to find one without ADM.

Both are great cars and having one of each would be great but my Boss has sentimental value that nothing new can replicate.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Both are great cars and having one of each would be great but my Boss has sentimental value that nothing new can replicate.
[/quote]

ADM is normally short lived......or at least reduced with time. I am waiting for the euphoria to subside and then pickup up a 2017 GT-350 or GT-350R.

Like you, I will keep the boss. My wife and daughter both feel that they will have to have a hole dug for the Boss and Dad. I don't think so. I appreciate the car too much to bury it. Besides, I have indoor parking for 7 at the house. Why not fill the space with great cars??

TMO Supporting Vendors