The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 P0010 Camshaft sensor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Hawaii
***Update*** so after driving the car for around 100miles no new CEL’s. Took the car down to Voodoo Performance here in Phoenix metro and they also didn’t see anything weird. Said to do the 12v test on the solenoids and see if I could determine one was bad. Sure enough the pins on 3 of 4 moved freely with gravity. The one solenoid was stuck and would only protrude when I attached 12v. When I again applied the voltage it sunk back in and would not leave that position without the 12v…. Thanks to everybody that contributed to the conversation 👍👍 I hope this can in turn help another enthusiast🤘 As for the 20A fuse, who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️ I have 4-20min sessions on Saturday 🤞
What solenoids? And what 12v test? Having same issue and new to this. Thanks in advance for any help

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Phoenix
What solenoids? I’m having this exact issue and what 12v test. Sorry I am new thanks
The solenoids control the VCT, sometimes they get stuck open or closed. Besides the engine light on the dash you can get what sounds like a "ghost cam" from one or both exhausts. honeybadger has a good video on Youtube showing what the solenoids are, and the pigtails going into the solenoids that can also go bad. If you pull the pig tails off and send 12v to the connection of the solenoids you can listen to see if the solenoids are moving. I also blew the fuse in #40, that's an easy place to start, that seems to affect the PCM that controls the solenoids. Here's both cylinder bank pics (left/right). I replaced those, they connect to the solenoids under the cam covers.IMG_2577.jpegIMG_2575.jpeg
66621644574__5CA50FBD-4992-4023-BE64-BBB9B24EB435.jpeg

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel