The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 P0010 Camshaft sensor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Phoenix
GT350 just threw the P0010 code at the track yesterday. Acts a lot like a "ghost cam" tune so obviously the timing on that sides a little whack. As I sit here in the early morning debating on starting my second track day vs. calling it, what's everyones thoughts on running the car today???
I've at this point checked the sensors for loosened connections..P0010.jpeg

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Phoenix
Those are the actuators. Sensors should be in the back.
GT350 just threw the P0010 code at the track yesterday. Acts a lot like a "ghost cam" tune so obviously the timing on that sides a little whack. As I sit here in the early morning debating on starting my second track day vs. calling it, what's everyones thoughts on running the car today???
I've at this point checked the sensors for loosened connections..View attachment 71863
I was going off of Honey Badgers YouTube vid, so are they tucked behind the valve cover kind of free floating? What are your thoughts about running the car?

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Phoenix
Well I was thinking of retiring the car too... Thanks for the input, was just waiting for a single response to confirm my thoughts :( Oh well, I have until March for the next session

TX
It shouldn't hurt the motor - the ECM will adjust to handle it (within reason). That said, I'd not recommended running on it forever and it's definitely not something I'd run an entire weekend on. I ran mine once for 2 sessions to finish out a day.

That said, it's most likely the connector for the intake solenoid on the passenger side to have a short in the wire right around the connector. I know a few that have had an issue with the actual solenoid, but that's much less common (as in maybe 1/15 or so). I'd start with a continuity test of the circuit.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Phoenix
It shouldn't hurt the motor - the ECM will adjust to handle it (within reason). That said, I'd not recommended running on it forever and it's definitely not something I'd run an entire weekend on. I ran mine once for 2 sessions to finish out a day.

That said, it's most likely the connector for the intake solenoid on the passenger side to have a short in the wire right around the connector. I know a few that have had an issue with the actual solenoid, but that's much less common (as in maybe 1/15 or so). I'd start with a continuity test of the circuit.
Ok, thanks. I saw the link to the part in your video, I’ll grab a couple 👍

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Phoenix
Ok, thanks. I saw the link to the part in your video, I’ll grab a couple 👍
I"ll preface this by saying maybe on Saturday I wasn't reading the diagnostic tool to its full potential... Replaced the plugs today WPT1506. Fired up the car, plugged in tool, and it threw
1.CAMSHAFT POSITION ACCUATOR CIRCUIT/OPEN "A"P0010,"B"P0013, "A"P0020, "B"P0023
2. O2 SENSOR HEAT CIRCUIT PO135, PO155
3.EVAPORATIVE EMISION SYSTEM PURGE CONTROL VALVE "A" CIRCUIT
4. EVAPORATIVE EMISION SYSTEM VENT CONTROL CIRCUIT P0446
Sorry that was a mouthful... Any Ideas?

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
If you have access to the wiring diagrams, see if all those sensor/control leads are in the same branch of a harness. Could be something got pinched or melted and took out all those circuits in one shot.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Phoenix
If you have access to the wiring diagrams, see if all those sensor/control leads are in the same branch of a harness. Could be something got pinched or melted and took out all those circuits
Ok, could any of the fuses be at fault?

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Phoenix
21 days later… and this is what they’ve found, I supplied them with FPerformance Solenoids.
They won’t talk to me on the phone, only texting, anyone know what the R&R solenoids means, I assume they installed them and saying it didn’t fix the problem, what’s next timing chain?

2E68C225-853D-41DB-81C0-FC95B5F6244F.jpeg

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
$100 it's still the electrical harness
Don't take the bet. Electrical gremlins are often in the harness and/or connectors. Early Boss Mustangs were a fine example.

The a wise man once said.

"If you want to double your money, fold it in half and stick it back in your pocket".

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Snowy North
You would have serious bad stuff happening if it was hard cam train parts like phasers, tensioners, chains. Gotta be electrical and prolly cracked connector, bad gnd, chafed/overheated wire...horrible little gremlin like that.

Grab a good multimeter, a case of *insert fav beer here*, do some meditation...then start chasing grounds methodically :toobad::banghead:

Argh.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Phoenix
The shop it’s at is very reputable, they say they diag’d the whole system, I’m just an impatient
a-hole who’s about to lose half my racing season being here in Arizona, not too much after May out here.
Problem I’m having is the shop caters more to a higher end clientele, they do a lot of the Superformance builds. So a six month back log isn’t a problem for them. The above list I posted was after them having the car for 21 days… so my question is; do I leave the car with them or take it to another shop that works on a lot of the Mustangs on the track out here???

TMO Supporting Vendors