The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Photos and Specs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

And another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLZI0TxBcHI

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
NFSBOSS said:
This could get fun.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8069724&posted=1#post8069724

Silly. I'd say stop trying to educate some of the fools over there...but then again, I keep going back for 'discussions' with the oil dude at SVTP ::) He even wants to bet his 'substantial bank account' ;D

You should troll for some of that kind of action!! :D :D j/k...mostly.

NFSBOSS said:
Or I could just repost my Z/28 video. ;)

Gonna have to fill me in on this one. What does said video show that would make them go nuts over there? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NFSBOSS said:
More information on production and ordering.

http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2014/11/18/ford-shelby-gt-mustang-unveil/19217823/

Based on the comments in that article, I'm going to say the GT350 will start at $63K and hit $70K loaded.

There are a *lot* of good cars around with that price range. I doubt they will sell 4000 a year.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
ArizonaBOSS said:
I'd agree on that pricing speculation, coboss. I'm really not seeing how people think this car is going to start at 55K.

My current estimate for the base price is $51k to $53k.

Reinforced by this Q&A from Jamal Hameedi:
Q: Why no carbon ceramic brakes?
A: I think you’ll find out later that affordability was a big part of this car.

Q: So keeping price down was a big part of that?
A: Yes. That was a priority with this car.

Personally, I think Ford would make the most profit on the car if they build more in the first year and taper for the following. A schedule like 9,500/5,500/2,500 might let them all sell and at reasonable prices, without the need to discount at the end. I think the demand is there if they scale production like this.

Vermont
Stunning looking car. Interesting that they haven't used the familiar GT350 logo and side stripes. Maybe to create it's own unique look and not to make it look like the recent Shelby produced GT350 on the S197 model? About the new flat plane crank engine, do you think Ford is really finished with it's development or work on this is still ongoing?

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
7013Boss said:
Stunning looking car. Interesting that they haven't used the familiar GT350 logo and side stripes. Maybe to create it's own unique look and not to make it look like the recent Shelby produced GT350 on the S197 model? About the new flat plane crank engine, do you think Ford is really finished with it's development or work on this is still ongoing?

I think it's just the beginning. Given Ford's recent history with FI, I have a feeling it's in development for this engine. Speaking of the engine, what is this one called? It's not Voodoo, Coyote, Road Runner, etc, so what is it?

NFSBOSS said:
Has any one figured out if this is a SVT vehicle?

I don't have pictures to back it up, but they are saying elsewhere there is an SVT marking somewhere beneath the car and that one of the interviews confirmed SVT...I'll go back and check the other sites to get a link in a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel