The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Photos and Specs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Please post any photos, specs and discussion here after the car is revealed tomorrow morning at 6:00 AM PST. I'll be checking the video as I'm eating breakfast tomorrow morning!

c6d885ad1dd98254e8a75f7f8bfa5fd2.jpg

Here are some of the specs and options from today's events, let me know if I missed something:

Specifications:

5.2L Flat Plane Crank Engine
500+ HP
400+ lb-ft
MagneRide dampers (similar to what is on a C7 Stingray)
Tremec 3160 6 speed manual transmission (used in the Caddy ATS)
19x10.5 front and 19x11 rear wheels. Made out of aluminum and let's hope they are at least rotory forged and not boat anchors
Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires specifically constructed for the GT350
Brembo 6 piston calipers front and 4 piston calipers rear
Front rotors are 394mm and rears are 380mm
Torsional rigidity increased 28% over previous model
Carbon fiber composite grille
Optional lightweight strut tower brace (does that mean CF?)
Oil temp and pressure gauges
5 driving modes that adjust ABS, steering and suspension
Flat bottom steering wheel (covered in Alcantara?)
The front fascia, hood and fenders are unique to the GT350
New Recaros covered in cloth

Options:
Track Pack with additional coolers
Tech package with 8" LDC, shaker stereo, and leather trimmed seats

And some random thoughts from Jamal Hameedi from an online interview:

1 The extra displacement comes from a larger bore and the stroke remains the same
2 No dry sump motor - you had to wonder about this with the lowered hood
3 No direct injection - that might kill my HP guess
4 The GT350 was benchmarked against 4 cars: 911 Carrera S, Ferrari California (it has a FPC front engine), C7 Stingray and Camaro Z/28
5 Ford doesn't want to compare the GT350 to a Boss
6 The GT350 is way faster than a Boss on track, no comparison (this is good news)

So what do you think of the brake package? I'm really impressed and glad the CCB's are not included on this model. The CCB's and CF wheels on the R are going to add $10K+ to the price. I'm pretty sure the 394mm front rotors aren't going to fit in any 18" track wheels that I know of. Regardless it looks like a quality Brembo production car package. I think the wheels/tires and two piece rotors will shed close to 100 lbs compared to a GT. The R should be closer to 200 lbs.

NFSBOSS said:
According to StangTv their photo of the tach shows a redline of 8,200 RPM's. I was hoping for 8,500 but that works. ;D

http://www.stangtv.com/features/car-features/live-ford-reveals-the-gt350-in-person-in-los-angeles/

ve-ford-reveals-gt350-person-los-angeles29-640x426.jpg

And a photo of the engine from the presentation

live-ford-reveals-gt350-person-los-angeles28.jpg

Ok, I've lost interest. No sound tube....:p No pretty shiny things..... No cheap plastic covers like the Chevy's .....:p

Just Kidding , so don't flame me....:p

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I'm really hopeful on the price now...since Ford was smart enough to make creature comforts an option. I'm thinking the stripped-down base cars might not be much more than a Boss or LS. Like the Boss program, the main development costs are in a few key areas and those costs will be spread over more units than the Bosses. Comparing to the '13-'14 GT500s, it should be cheaper since it doesn't have the S/C cost...and I don't think the revised front end parts plus the brake upgrade add up to more than deleting the S/C.

Either adding costs to the Boss program or deleting costs from the GT500, I think the base GT350 could be in the low $50k range, maybe $51-52k for what we've seen so far. Maybe a bit more if it's a nikasil spray bore.

And while this will be the top dog for 2016, I just don't see them charging more for the base GT350 than a base GT500 just yet.

TMO Supporting Vendors