The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Pricing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am somewhat surprised with the fairly reasonable price of the GT350's that I have seen on the internet. Too bad I don't live in Texas. There was also a Pennsylvania Dealer that listed & sold a car at a reasonable mark up, and then had to re-list the car.
I might be out in left field but I don't believe the GT350's are going to command huge mark ups for an extended period of time.This might also be wishful thinking on my behalf.

Re: GT350 Priceing

GT390 said:
I am somewhat surprised with the fairly reasonable price of the GT350's that I have seen on the internet. Too bad I don't live in Texas. There was also a Pennsylvania Dealer that listed & sold a car at a reasonable mark up, and then had to re-list the car.
I might be out in left field but I don't believe the GT350's are going to command huge mark ups for an extended period of time.This might also be wishful thinking on my behalf.
See my bolded comment above. I'm not sure what you're checking but most cars have a $10-20K markup on them and forget about even finding an R. The ADM's won't last forever but from my perspective they are larger than they were on the Bosses.

@Moto
@cloud9
@ChopSui
@mattlqx

I agree with you, many are asking, I dont think many are getting, they are just hoping to get a sucker. Even some local cars in the red hot bay area ended up going for maybe 5k over despite being marked up 15-20k. I think the ones holding firm might have been dealers that got greedy and paid other dealers a hefty markup for their allocations

A friend of mine told me he's looking for a GT350 Track Pack car. If they're easy to get and anyone knows of one available at MSRP I'd appreciate a heads up on the dealer. Everything I've seen advertised is minimum $10k over.

Seems to be about 6 on Ebay in the mid 60 range.
I am not sure what base price is but I think around 58K
Race Red car with Technology package buy now 66K
I am not seeing any 10K mark ups
The Boss was stronger out of the gait

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
GT390 said:

I dunno about that. Local reports are that one sold for about $25k over and the other for about $15k. The first local Bosses weren't even close.

GT390 said:
It doesn't really matter. If you're seeing them for MSRP please post the links so those looking can buy them. Last summer when I was looking for a GT350 none of the dealers I contacted here in NorCal would sell one for under $10K markup. I had to go out of state to find one at MSRP. When I purchased my Boss I found one locally for MSRP and immediately placed my order. ;)

Austin

GT390 said:

I can tell you that two of the dealers here in Austin are asking $20k over for tech pack cars. The dealer who sold me mine in Houston has a buyer for another one for $10k over. I know that deals can still be found, but it really depends on location.

You might find a good deal on Gilligan's island... ;D Ford produced an outstanding performance vehicle with the GT350(R) and the dealers are going to milk this as long as they can. Bravo to the ones who sell them at MSRP. The GT350 ADM's seem way above the Boss ADM's, especially for the R.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
An interesting news story on Shelby GT350 pricing popped up on FoxNews.com.

Sheds some new light on the market demand for this car both here and internationally. Even the right hand drive Mustang GT 5.0L's are pulling 30k ADM's down under! We might have a new Super Car in the making!

Enjoy
302 Hi Pro

Source FoxNews.com

"The new Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 is already a classic. At least, it’s selling like one.

One of the high-performance coupes was recently sold at a Mecum Auction event in Kissimmee, Fla., for $115,000 – more than double its sticker price of $55,000.

And the winning bidder may have gotten a bargain. Only 100 GT350s and 37 two-seat GT350Rs were built last year, and the auction car, which was still in the wrapper, was one of only three that were painted blue with white racing stripes and equipped with the optional Track Pack.

But it’s not the only Mustang prancing around with a six-figure price tag. Another of the 2015 models is currently advertised by Van Bortel Ford in East Rochester, N.Y., for $149,500, and a 2016 GT350R that hasn’t even been built yet has been posted to Hemmings.com for $175,000. As of this writing, Cars.com lists three other 2016 GT350s with asking prices over $100,000 and dozens more for $80,000 and above.

While Ford hasn’t revealed how many GT350s it will build this year, production “will be consistent with the volumes of our previous performance Mustang, the Ford Shelby GT500,” a spokesman told FoxNews.com. Fewer than 6,000 of those were sold, so many of Ford’s roughly 3,100 dealers will be lucky to get their hands on just one GT350.

The GT350 isn’t the only American muscle car that’s seen these kinds of “market adjustments” added to their price in recent days. Markups on the similarly low-volume Dodge Challenger and Charger Hellcat models got so out of hand last year that the automaker, in an effort to encourage dealers to bring the prices down, had to update its allocation policy to penalize the ones who didn’t sell their cars in a timely fashion. Nevertheless, it’s still common to see the $65,000 cars listed for over $100,000.

The Ford spokesman said the company recommends that its dealers sell cars at the MSRP, but since they’re all independently owned, there’s only so much the company can do about it. That said, a leaked copy of its allocation program suggests that the more regular Mustangs the dealers sell, the more GT350s they get. The bonus for every three of those earned is a GT350R.

And while the GT350 is sold only in the United States and Canada, a similar situation is developing on the other side of the globe.

For the first time ever, Australia is getting factory-built right-hand-drive Mustangs, but not nearly enough of them. There’s a year-long waiting list for V8-powered Mustang GTs, and Cars Guide reports that dealers and “scalpers” are flipping the $57,490 (AUD) cars for as much as $30,000 over list.

Pony up"

I said it and I'll say it again. You can count on your fingers the number of car models ever made that sold the entire run without some kind of lull, and most of those were either exotics or extremely low production. I've seen this movie again and again and again and again - 1977 RX7, 1979 Trans Am, 1982 Mustang GT, the IROC Z, the Subaru WRX and STi, every Nissan Z car ever made, every new Corvette generation, the '12-13 Boss, the '13 GT500, the '14 Z/28, '15 Z06 and on and on, and on, and on....people get all hot and bothered and pay ADM, and two years later the cars are discounted. If you have money to burn, burn it. Pay the ADM and don't complain. Otherwise, when the 2018 models roll around, most of the bugs will be worked out, and you'll be able to negotiate for a GT350. You might have to pay full sticker for an R, but no ADM. If you want to wait four years, you'll be able to get extremely low mile creampuff GT350 and 350R for $15-20K off sticker, just like we are now seeing low mile 2012 LS models in the mid 30's.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-BOSS5-0-LAGUNA-SECA-NAV-RECARO-/401055884210?forcerrptr=true&hash=item5d60cb23b2:g:iBMAAOSwoydWmXe5&item=401055884210

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-Boss-302-Certified-2012-18K-MILES-1-OWNER-MANUAL-/191787006355?hash=item2ca7657993:g:YMEAAOSwX~dWkVJI&

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Whoa, it's just a news story!

I still like the words GT350 and Super Car in the same sentence.

My guess is you might be right, but right now the GT350 is hot!

I'm also happy to see the new S550's are a big hit overseas. Go Ford!

Hope you enjoyed the new story,
302 Hi Pro

Bay Area
coboss said:
I said it and I'll say it again. You can count on your fingers the number of car models ever made that sold the entire run without some kind of lull, and most of those were either exotics or extremely low production. I've seen this movie again and again and again and again - 1977 RX7, 1979 Trans Am, 1982 Mustang GT, the IROC Z, the Subaru WRX and STi, every Nissan Z car ever made, every new Corvette generation, the '12-13 Boss, the '13 GT500, the '14 Z/28, '15 Z06 and on and on, and on, and on....people get all hot and bothered and pay ADM, and two years later the cars are discounted. If you have money to burn, burn it. Pay the ADM and don't complain. Otherwise, when the 2018 models roll around, most of the bugs will be worked out, and you'll be able to negotiate for a GT350. You might have to pay full sticker for an R, but no ADM. If you want to wait four years, you'll be able to get extremely low mile creampuff GT350 and 350R for $15-20K off sticker, just like we are now seeing low mile 2012 LS models in the mid 30's.
I told myself I would never buy a new car, well I lied to myself. I bought my Boss brand new. I have no regrets about it. As for the GT 350 I agree with you. As much as I want one yesterday, I am holding out and waiting for the bubble to bust.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-BOSS5-0-LAGUNA-SECA-NAV-RECARO-/401055884210?forcerrptr=true&hash=item5d60cb23b2:g:iBMAAOSwoydWmXe5&item=401055884210

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-Boss-302-Certified-2012-18K-MILES-1-OWNER-MANUAL-/191787006355?hash=item2ca7657993:g:YMEAAOSwX~dWkVJI&

In August I tried to get a base 2016 GT350 here in north Texas, all were ordered and deposits placed back in June of 2015. Dealers were standing firm on 15k mark up, Looked again in late Sept and mark up was at 20k ???Add gas guzzler and local taxes and it gets real close to 25k over sticker out the door for a base car! :eek: Those very few dealers that still had open order banks were selecting tech package option which is something like 12k more I think.
I was thinking about waiting and pre ordering a 2017 but dealers were still talking 20K up minimum. Only good thing to come out of it was finding my 2012 YB Boss with 9k miles, and I could have brought two of them for what a GT350 would have cost me. ;D Maybe in another year or so I might look again when all the smoke clears.

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
302BOB said:
You might find a good deal on Gilligan's island... ;D Ford produced an outstanding performance vehicle with the GT350(R) and the dealers are going to milk this as long as they can. Bravo to the ones who sell them at MSRP. The GT350 ADM's seem way above the Boss ADM's, especially for the R.

As I recall the ADMs on the Boss ran from $10K to $15K at the beginning. Equivilent to the GT350. As to the R, yes the ADMs seem a little higher at around $20K.

Like all ADMs I expect the bubble to burst.

The GT350 nor the R is in the Supercar class, at least not in my eye.

I landed an MSRP deal the other day. I had resigned myself to holding out and waiting, and then I got plain lucky. This whole ADM thing does suck for sure.

Dealer in Colorado Springs has one. AG, no stripe, Tech Pack. $30K ADM. Beautiful car, just not at that price.

They also have a '12 Boss. 3k miles....

TMO Supporting Vendors