The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Gt350/r Sequential kit with paddle shifters….complete kit.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MD
I dont know if you are in the FB group but the owner posted a video of him driving their GT350 with it installed. I wish the camera view showed inside the cabin. You may have seen the video

I dont know if he is on here, but a member in the FB group has one on order.

it seems like mmr is getting really into the road racing scene now if you look at their website.

So ive been in talks with 6xdgearbox.com

their sequential is made in the US, all billet housing, and can handle 1900tq for 10k less…..i think im going that route.

they asked to take my car for a few months to work on the paddle system. They work with xineering and have wot cut outd and stuff, now just need to figure out the kit like mmr without having to do a motec.

it seems like mmr is getting really into the road racing scene now if you look at their website.

So ive been in talks with 6xdgearbox.com

their sequential is made in the US, all billet housing, and can handle 1900tq for 10k less…..i think im going that route.

they asked to take my car for a few months to work on the paddle system. They work with xineering and have wot cut outd and stuff, now just need to figure out the kit like mmr without having to do a motec.
I was going to get one of those but ended up with an HGT. The 6xd is bad ass, uses common gears etc. I just didn't like the 120+lb weight on it. My HGT is 86 lbs and much more compact.

They designed that thing to handle drift guys ninja kicking the clutch with twin turbo LS engines.

Their kit doesn't seem that badly priced to be honest. I think the hollinger is around the same price as the 6xd . The items below the trans in that kit are probably worth another 10-12k

I was going to get one of those but ended up with an HGT. The 6xd is bad ass, uses common gears etc. I just didn't like the 120+lb weight on it. My HGT is 86 lbs and much more compact.

They designed that thing to handle drift guys ninja kicking the clutch with twin turbo LS engines.

Their kit doesn't seem that badly priced to be honest. I think the hollinger is around the same price as the 6xd . The items below the trans in that kit are probably worth another 10-12k

maybe @PAEracing can chime in since they do this all the time if we can get a kit. Im highly interested but not for 33k

I dont know if you are in the FB group but the owner posted a video of him driving their GT350 with it installed. I wish the camera view showed inside the cabin. You may have seen the video

I dont know if he is on here, but a member in the FB group has one on order.
Is it christian that owns ipsilan ford with the gt350r racecar? Hes the reason they made this kit….but mmr is a shitty company

Last edited:
maybe @PAEracing can chime in since they do this all the time if we can get a kit. Im highly interested but not for 33k
Curious to see what they say. I don't see how it can be done for under 25. The "cheapest" sequential will cost close to 16k landed. Then if you want paddle shift that's another 3,500 for the hardware, low MOI clutch / bellhousing setup is probably 2500-3k. So already at close to 23 with no electronics. I'm not sure how they do the electronics without going to a full stand alone ecu system.

Curious to see what they say. I don't see how it can be done for under 25. The "cheapest" sequential will cost close to 16k landed. Then if you want paddle shift that's another 3,500 for the hardware, low MOI clutch / bellhousing setup is probably 2500-3k. So already at close to 23 with no electronics. I'm not sure how they do the electronics without going to a full stand alone ecu system.
Can u give details on yours?

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
California
They have been producing this kit for sometime working with holinger. I dont know your past experience but I have been extremely satisfied with them and the products they have supplied me. I will follow up with install pics and videos. Yes it’s not cheap but the supplied supporting parts for this to work are not cheap.

Can u give details on yours?
Mine isn't in an s550. So not really a great comparison. I just knows what goes into it all to make it work.. Especially if you want full control with paddles or a strain gauge manually shifted (which is what I am going to do for now). The strain gauge reads + or - voltage depending on the direction you pull or push on the handle.. So the ecu can determine up shift or down shift.

There is really no point in doing a sequential trans without these features. May as well just do a 4 speed dog box or something like that if you don't plan on doing flat shifting (no lift just pull on the handle or paddles and it shifts) and throttle blip down shifts. That adds in some fancy ($$$) electronics.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Wow, the only comment I have is I remember when an acquaintance got one ( Hollinger ) and it was 25K, seems like a rather dramatic increase in only 2-3 years!?

TMO Supporting Vendors