The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Rear block oil pressure crossover stainless steal lines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Virginia
I know AR sells these lines but wanted to inquire if anyone has implemented this solution with AN6 stainless steal lines?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Virginia
Ford unit is hard lines to my knowledge. (?)
Clarification on my inquiry was, flexible SS lines. Not hardlines.
What is the NPT size on the heads? 1/4 NPT or 5/8 NPT
6442A07E-E432-4C43-9574-0AC2F9EA3882.jpeg

EIGHTLUG

https://www.archetyperacing.com
Supporting Vendor
The solid stainless lines are a piece of cake to install on an engine that is removed. It would be a total bear of a job on an installed engine. The space to work back behind the heads and firewall is already limited. You add the radius required for the stainless lines and difficulty goes up several notches. The 90 degree elbows, heat shielding, and flexible braided AN solution is so much more forgiving.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Virginia
The solid stainless lines are a piece of cake to install on an engine that is removed. It would be a total bear of a job on an installed engine. The space to work back behind the heads and firewall is already limited. You add the radius required for the stainless lines and difficulty goes up several notches. The 90 degree elbows, heat shielding, and flexible braided AN solution is so much more forgiving.
Yes I had also been messing with "transition" fittings that essentially have the 90 degree smooth flow in the fitting as opposed to hard right 90 degree turn.
The the general question is, anyone experience issues with a flexible stainless steal AN line?
I have containers of AN6 and AN8 hoses and fittings from project builds. So the only question at hand was I was seeing if anyone had just made their own lines, deployed, and experienced any issues with the lines blowing off or leaks developed due to pressure spikes when tracking?
002-new.jpg

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
With the cost and convenience of the line from Archetype being spot on. Unless you have a box full of lines, why bother. They did the R&D, have the lines at the right length. I bought theirs. Buying a second set of their from a member here so I can upgrade both cars.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Virginia
I, in general do all my own AN plumbing.
And that, yes I have literally yellow bins of earls AN fittings and hoses from past SEMA vehicles I worked on.
My transmission is out of the car so I really have direct access.
My only question was really finding another individual/racer whom may have just done it themselves. Otherwise yes I concur the AE units would be the ones to go with.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel