The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Rotor Noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This was interesting. After my later sessions at Thunderhill yesterday I heard this ticking sound. I realized it was from the front rotors. The rear rotors were also making a noise and it was more like a hissing sound. I don't think anything is wrong but wanted to share so nobody is surprised by this. Has anyone else heard the ticking sound?

http://youtu.be/BjHTrGkqqYk

Its likely the hats/rings moving relative to the pins due to the mis-matched CTEs as its cooling down =)

Front rotors make the same noise on my BMW race car with two piece rotors. It is the rotor's cooling down and contracting and expanding at different rates due to aluminum hats and iron rotors.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel