The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Rotors and Pads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That will depend on a few things. Price, price and price. ;)

Seriously price is a consideration but in addition the weight. Also if the stock rotors start cracking at the holes prematurely that would drive me to an alternative solution with slots. TBD.

Regarding the rust wouldn't the Girodisc rotors rust too?

I just ordered spare front rotors to keep in the trailer and noticed they aren't marked LH or RH, but they do have a different part #. When I ordered them on the fordparts.com site, they didn't have the -E or -F in the part #, just the description. They are marked on the box but I had to research the correct part #s. I added the part #s to the first post.

•Two (2) Rear Rotors - FR3Z-2C026-C
•One (1) Front Left Rotor - FR3Z-1125-F
•One (1) Front Right Rotor - FR3Z-1125-E

Visually the internal vanes run with the curve flowing out from the hub toward the back of the car.

160-13336-BK-dw-lg_zpsshic138x.jpg

8250RPM said:
Do you think aftermarket rotors will weigh less then the 30#

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't see how without compromising durability. It already has an aluminum hat and vaned and drilled rings. These look like serious rotors. The way the vanes look they should flow tons of air and be efficient at cooling.

I agree but girodisc seems to think they can make a rotor for our cars and weigh a few pounds less. I don't see how.

Their 380mm X 34mm weighs 24.1 pounds

8250RPM said:
I agree but girodisc seems to think they can make a rotor for our cars and weigh a few pounds less. I don't see how.

I also don't want to spend $600-$800 per set versus $390 for these just to save a couple pounds. I have a feeling I'll be going through a few sets a year. ;D

8250RPM said:

Their 380mm X 34mm weighs 24.1 pounds

Ours are 395x35 so they'll weigh more. I think they can make them lighter but by how much? They would need to be about 5lbs lighter each to even consider that added expense. Now if the stock drilled rotors crack at the holes that's another matter.

8250RPM said:
If you look at girodisc Facebook page it's funny how many people ditch the carbon ceramic rotors on other cars for iron rotors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk4cec0a3a9473ff1253badd9606ba49cb.jpg
The carbon ceramic rotors and carbon fiber wheels are cool and play well in the magazine tests, but from a practical standpoint are generally unaffordable to actually use on the track as amateurs.

VoodooBOSS said:
Ours are 395x35 so they'll weigh more. I think they can make them lighter but by how much? They would need to be about 5lbs lighter each to even consider that added expense. Now if the stock drilled rotors crack at the holes that's another matter.
My rotors have 4,300 miles on them and about 3,300 of those are with Pagid RS29 race pads. That includes five track days. There is the typical heat check cracks but nothing serious so far. They are holding up well from my perspective.

58CA6493-40D7-4A9A-91DC-93BFC1E79273_zps9gejb2y4.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel