The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 running at Putnam Park 9/10/2017

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I made it out to Putnam Park again this weekend, this time with the Kentucky Region Porsche Club of America (KYPCA). They put on a terrific event, with 4 run groups plus the instructor group. Very well organized, a really good group of attendees, and absolutely gorgeous weather!

This was my first time on the track this year, and I took almost two full seconds off my best lap there from last October (1:24.07 vs. 1:22.18). My car is still stock (other than brake caliper studs, FP catch cans, and a tow hook). The foam tape I added to the top of my headlights, coupled with proper raising of the hood stops, seems to have solved my hood flutter issue from last year. There were two 2017 GT350s in my run group, too. In my final two sessions, I ran in Track Mode instead of Sport Mode, and I was surprised at how much more controlled the car is on track in Track Mode... The stability control still kicked in and saved my bacon on one lap when I got on the throttle too abruptly during a corner exit, but at all other times, the car was just much more predictable in Track Mode. Bottom line: If you have a decent amount of track experience, don't be afraid to use Track Mode!

Here's my best lap so far, and my best overall session (sorry about the dirty windshield!):

The two 2017 GT350's in my run group are at 1:05 and 15:53 in this session:

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel