The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Source Book Now Available!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Click the link below and everything you ever wanted to know about the new GT350 will be yours. ;D It's a large PDF file from Ford and will take a while to read. Click away!

https://trackmustangsonline.com/2016%20Shelby%20GT350%20SourceBook.pdf

i probably shouldnt have read that. how to i not upgrade? ha!

an interesting section was about over rev...

"• Helps increase the performance range of Shelby GT350
• Overrev is indicated on the tachometer by raising the redline from 6250 to 8250 rpm
– When conditions permit, overrev is indicated by a 8250 rpm redline
– If conditions limit overrev accessibility, the tachometer redline is illuminated at 6250 rpm
• Engine torque and maximum rpm are limited until coolant temperature reaches 170 degrees F
• Warm-up is indicated when the illuminated tachometer redline changes from 6250 rpm to
7000 rpm
• Once the engine is warm, the overrev feature allows
8 seconds above 6250 rpm up to 8250 rpm
• If the 8-second time limit is exceeded, maximum engine rpm is reduced to 6250 until both of the following occur:
– Engine is operated for at least 15 seconds below 6000 rpm
– Engine rpm falls below 5000"

Pretty complicated protection system there. So does that mean you cant spend more than 8 seconds above 6250 ever? Thats an interesting caveat if so...

Good stuff, thanks for posting!!

Austin
A guy on one of the other forums who is presumably a Ford insider says that that section of the doc has been deprecated and that there is no redline time limit at all.

A few concerns

Does anyone know if AdvanceTrac is fully defeatable?

I only see mention of the IDC System with Normal, Sport, Weather, Track and Drag settings (all of which maintain some level of AdvanceTrac)

Not thrilled about the aforementioned Engine Overrev Feature

Could prove to be a significant issue at some tracks

Also a little disappointed to see that the EPAS has Pull-Drift Compensation and Active Nibble Control

I hope Ford Racing / Ford Performance will offer some of the same upgrades for the GT350 that they did for the Boss (tune, ABS module, steering rack, etc)

stunya said:
i probably shouldnt have read that. how to i not upgrade? ha!

an interesting section was about over rev...

"• Helps increase the performance range of Shelby GT350
• Overrev is indicated on the tachometer by raising the redline from 6250 to 8250 rpm
– When conditions permit, overrev is indicated by a 8250 rpm redline
– If conditions limit overrev accessibility, the tachometer redline is illuminated at 6250 rpm
• Engine torque and maximum rpm are limited until coolant temperature reaches 170 degrees F
• Warm-up is indicated when the illuminated tachometer redline changes from 6250 rpm to
7000 rpm
• Once the engine is warm, the overrev feature allows
8 seconds above 6250 rpm up to 8250 rpm
• If the 8-second time limit is exceeded, maximum engine rpm is reduced to 6250 until both of the following occur:
– Engine is operated for at least 15 seconds below 6000 rpm
– Engine rpm falls below 5000"

Pretty complicated protection system there. So does that mean you cant spend more than 8 seconds above 6250 ever? Thats an interesting caveat if so...

Good stuff, thanks for posting!!
This has been debunked and is not accurate. I'll see if there's an updated document.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
ArizonaBOSS said:
There is a mistake on page 72 in the Trans section that talks about handling " the high torque output of the supercharged engine". Oops.

This confirms my guess that this was drafted from the GT500 docs, after seeing the over-rev stuff. I'm glad *that* was debunked.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Very happy to see the rev limiter issue is a non-issue. An 8 second sustained rev at max RPM is a long time, I'm only there for what seems like milliseconds at a time.

I guess if you were to miss a downshift, you could throw it in to protection mode.

This FPC engine is going to be a Beast. Fun stuff.

Dave
302 Hi Pro

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel