The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Timing Chains

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

There has been some recent speculation that the timing chains on the GT350 and GT350R were different due to an ad copy Ford Performance posted. As I suspected it was a mistake in the wording of the ad and there has been an update to the Ford Performance website. From everything I've heard, read and seen all the engines in the GT350's and GT350R's are identical.

Incorrect Ad:

IMG_1626.PNG

Updated correct Ad:

Screen Shot 2017-07-05 at 5.19.22 PM.png

I knew this was wrong as it didn't jibe with what the actual engineers from the Voodoo engine program said at numerous events, including the powertrain reveal at SVT's old headquarters in the summer of 2015.

I'm baffled at who thought this to be the case, and without verification, listed an incorrectly worded ad for a part that never existed. Corporate brainfart? A misrembrance?

Crazy.

Much like the ford performance GT350 exhaust tube diameter saying it's 2.5" when it's actually 2.75"

Now I wish FP would bring out the 92mm and 100mm throttle bodies they spoke of some time back.
That's not nice to tease FP. LETS GET THE BALL ROLLING.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I asked about this and was told there isn’t a difference as far as service parts go. Strangely, they carry a 2014 part number.

TMO Supporting Vendors