The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 TPMS on track wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You should call them and ask for Mike. I just checked and they were less than $90 delivered. That might be the full retail price. I've purchased three sets for the three aftermarket wheels I've purchased for my car.

I knew it was to good to be true. I ordered and paid for theses sensors from FordPartsBoss yesterday and received this email today. @StigsBaldBrother You got a deal! I can buy them cheaper from my dealer.

"Hello Mr. Black,
Unfortunately the website pricing is incorrect. The tire sensors list at 83.62 each and with the website discount they would be 55.19 each. There is a difference of 124.24 that would be due for the order to ship out. I can either send a PayPal invoice for the difference or cancel the order and refund your money. I will hold the order until I receive your decision. I apologize for the error."

DFW, TX
I finally stuck my new wheels on, using F150 TPMS sensors with Dill aluminum stems.

They work! Drive about 10-15 minutes and the car had learned the new sensors.

So buy the cheap ones and change out the stems!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Did anyone confirm if the Dill metal stem would work? Need to order sensors for the new wheels and would prefer the black metal stem vs. the standard steel look (unless there’s a reason to only go with the steel for the track).

I called Dill and they have a black chrome metal stem that fits the OEM sensor. Part number is VS-240BC.

Tire Rack has them, but you have to call and have them look up the TPMS sensor first as the black stem is an associated option. The part doesn’t show up on the website or their system otherwise.

260ABAD7-CF33-4B59-83D7-9D5E8EEE8DB3.jpeg

One thing I've noticed so far is the TPMS on the GT350 is very accurate. You get an accurate readout to the nearest PSI on each tire. This will make checking pressures after sessions automatic without manually checking each tire. I know you can't get fractional psi, but I'm not adjusting that precisely anyway. I plan to order them for my two sets of track wheels, assuming they're not terribly expensive. I looked on Levittown Ford's site but didn't see the GT350 listed. They are metal valve stems and I'm assuming the ones shown for the 5.0 GT are rubber.

View attachment 39589
TireRack.

4E272B9E-094F-4141-9DD5-DE2B270D6A95.jpeg

TMO Supporting Vendors