The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Track Attack Program

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
So you are saying you are managing a craft Distillery in KC , but you list your location as Illinois --- have you been dipping into the stock a bit too much , as obviously the State you are in is ..............confusion!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Strange...... I'm not confused.

I have a home in Illinois, primary and a second home in KC where I manage the distillery. Wife is in Illinois with most of my money.
I guess that makes Illinois home still....at least until property values recover.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
So , Illinois is home still, but KC has a still!!

Sounds like it is imperative you come to the Mustang Roundup in Hastings this September , as I know of at least 50 or so Connoisseurs of fine distilled spirits that would be there to judge , grade and partake of said. We could all give it our Boss or Shelby merit of excellence and I am sure that would increase sales! In fact we could help you with your newest triple distilled , custom brand ---Hotrodka, Vodka!!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
All possible.

Since I am a bit closer now, this event is on my calendar. Wife is thrilled, (Sarcasm) but understanding.

Upgrades for rear brakes GT-500 style will happen next weekend. I want to do the big wheel/tire and brake upgrades before September but budget is not looking good. Daughter graduates from College in May. Should help.

More photos from Track Attack on April 4, 2016

PGP23650_zpsg72idioj.jpg
PGP16336_zpskb4sdldb.jpg
PGP23811_zpsmufyd5fo.jpg
PGP16467_zpstoddxqa5.jpg
PGP23874_zpsawqrv1t5.jpg
PGP16506_zpsd93juhtq.jpg
PGP16527_zpsfgms93nz.jpg
PGP16552_zpsraypoaaa.jpg
And it was one year ago today that the GT350 Track Attack had its first class and TMO was there with 10 members. What a great time we had!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Is the system still set up that you have a year to take advantage of the Track Attack Program , or does one have 2 years ? I am hoping to get in towards the end of this year, but already have 2 prior commitments, so may only be able to do sometime in 2018.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Bill,
I had an ankle problem that prevented me from doing BTA within the allotted tyme frame but I communicated with the guys at MMSP and they let me come well after two years from date of purchase. Communication was the key. Give it a shot.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks TS, that really is super helpful, as I need a two day slot so I can burn up some real race rubber and there are only so many slots. Being able to go in 2018 about the same time would work better and if I do have the 2 year time frame then no worries at all.

I just got back from the GT350 track attack yesterday. It was a blast! Great program they have; excellent course/instruction along with a very nice facility. This was my first track experience in a car as all my experience so far has been in karting. Those of you who haven't taken advantage of the program I highly recommend signing up.

PGP16840.JPGPGP26840.JPGPGP27068.JPG

Fondly remembering my track day from last year, I was watching the IMSA race from COTA last night and saw our instructor, Gunner Jeanette was running the #50 GTD Benz. How cool is that?

TMO Supporting Vendors