The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Track Attack Program

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DFW, TX
tuckersmg said:
Sept. is sold out. Doing Oct 16/17. Was going to do second day in race car, but for that amount of money can register for a race and get new R comps for my car.

Maybe somebody cancelled, because I just signed up for September.

I just registered for Sept 18,19,20, and they had openings for the next session that week as well. I signed up to run the race prepped Boss302 the second day.

It does get a little pricey for the second day, but what the heck.

gleek48

Tapatalk User
I am leaving for the two day program on 9/11 through 9/13. Is anyone on here going to this and would like to meet up? PM me.

Regards,
Rich

I'm headed to the September 18-20 school. Super excited. I have a boss 302 that I track and just love the car. My GT350R is supposed to be delivered first week of October. Anyone else going to th September 18 school?

Okiegt said:
I'm headed to the September 18-20 school. Super excited. I have a boss 302 that I track and just love the car. My GT350R is supposed to be delivered first week of October. Anyone else going to th September 18 school?
Welcome to TMO and congratulations! Be sure and post some photos of your car when it arrives. Will you be taking your R to a track for a workout?

I've never been on a track before and almost didn't do the track attack. Let me just say that I am so glad I did it! The instructors were awesome, and I had a blast! My only "complaint" was I would have liked more track time. I only did the one day as I wanted to minimize the time away. And honestly, you aren't going to miss anything if you aren't there for the dinner the night before. As long as you are there the morning of by 7:30/7:45, you're good. One other recommendation I have is, if you aren't skilled on the track, take advantage of the instructors! They ride with you for your first lap or 2, then they just hang out on pit road. You can pit and ask them to ride with you again. They are so good at giving you pointers and helping with your lines on the track. We had Tyler, Michael, Donny, and Shawn and they were all awesome, easy to talk to, and great teachers!

gleek48

Tapatalk User
I had a great time at the 9/11-13 GT350 Track Attack and as others have stated before, the 302 FRS day is even better than the first - much more track time and time to learn and improve.

We were also lucky enough to have the Head of Ford Performance and Racing - Dave Pericak join us for the class. It was interesting picking his brain and hearing his perspective.

The folks at Ford Performance Racing School did an awesome job and UMC is a great facility.

I will be back for the Ford Perfomance NASA race licensing school next year.

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

gleek48

Tapatalk User
VoodooBOSS said:
Very cool. Did you pass Dave on track? :p

Not sure, I think I may have as in the second to last session in the Boss, I think I passed everyone in my group. Unfortunately, he had to leave early before the last session.

The Boss FRS experience was awesome. Much more raw than any street car.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Have been to the track twice and look forward to going again when my GT350 gets here. Absolutely the best school in the Nation ( have gone over 10 times to various schools ) and super safe place to learn for newcomers. I recommend all of my clients go here , regardless of the car they buy I can't think of a better place to get acclimated to running a track. For those with experience, there is nothing better than adding a day or two since you are already there!!

Bill Pemberton said:
Have been to the track twice and look forward to going again when my GT350 gets here. Absolutely the best school in the Nation ( have gone over 10 times to various schools ) and super safe place to learn for newcomers. I recommend all of my clients go here ,as regardless of the car they buy I can't think of a better track to get acclimated to running a track. For those with experience, nothing better than adding a day or two since you are already there!!

agreed. I've also been to a lot of schools and find the Ford Performance team to be terrific...and I love driving MMP...uh, I mean, UMC.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Forgot to ask , what was the charge for the second day in the 302 FRS cars?? Looking forward to going as I am familiar with 4 of the Instructors ( 2 are both friends and clients ) and the driving talent for said Instructors is super high!!

mattlqx

Mustangless
Bill Pemberton said:
Forgot to ask , what was the charge for the second day in the 302 FRS cars?? Looking forward to going as I am familiar with 4 of the Instructors ( 2 are both friends and clients ) and the driving talent for said Instructors is super high!!

$1695 if I recall correctly.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
...and I bet you thought it was worth every penny!!??

Love the track and only wish on Day Two one could run the entire track. Have done that once and it is unbelievable!

I went in early Aug as a "driving guest" of a good friend. Paid for 2 days, cost $4K on the nose including Boss 302FRS upgrade on day 2. Awesome experience just as BTA was, well worth every penny.

2017 dates have been released. Who's attending in 2017? @mattlqx are you going to attend for a second time?

April:
April 1-2
April 2-3
April 3-4*
April 5-6
April 6-7
April 10-11
April 12-13
April 16-17*
April 17-18
April 18-19
April 24-25*
April 26-27
April 27-28
April 30-May 1

May:
May 1-2
May 3-4
May 4-5
May 6-7
May 7-8*
May 9-10
May 11-12
May 15-16*
May 29-30
May 30-31

June:
June 4-5*
June 5-6
June 6-7
June 11-12
June 12-13*
June
June 17-18
June 29-30

July
July 2-3
July 3-4
July 16-17
July 23-24*
July 24-25
July 31-Aug 1*

August
Aug 1-2
Aug 6-7*
Aug 7-8
Aug 20-21

September
Sept 11-12
Sept 12-13*
Sept 17-18
Sept 18-19*

October
Oct 1-2
Oct 8-9
Oct 15-16
Oct 23-24
Oct 25-26*

* Second driving day paid upgrade is available

http://us4.campaign-archive2.com/?u=518099ad654ed1709983d4816&id=6319f43712&e=5ba2b76296

c31a2dfb-a7b9-4d72-82fd-536db7895273.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors