The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Track Pack (Track Alignment)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello there,

I'm very happy to join this community with my 16' Yellow GT350 TrackPack
Took it to the track many times (Stock Tire and Alignment), opened the user manual and BANG! Adjustments for Track use (Camber, Caster and Toe)

Immediately took the sheet and went to the best Alignment shop here in the country (Qatar), unfortunately they didn't know what to do, they are not used to this type of cars!!! He said it needs a special tool to do the camber ,,, etc,

My questions are:

Is it easy to adjust them? Any additional tools needed?

And will it improve alot at the track? (+2 sec difference?)

Thanks

Hi, welcome to TMO. You're best bet is to install camber plates. One of our vendors, Vorshlag, makes top quality camber plates and there are others. @modernbeat

While camber will help it won't improve your lap times two seconds a lap. They will improve tire wear and grip.

To gain two seconds a lap add some Michelin Sporr Cup 2's as found on the R.

I actually wanted to do the alignment without changing the plates,

But seems like they even can't adjust anything, they are not used to this type of cars here, Unfortunately

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
You can change camber without changing plates. You will need to drill and cut the shock towers and move the actual bolt locations. Camber plates allow for adjustment by simply loosening a few bolts during the alignment process. If you want to revert to stock, simply reinstall the original plates.

TMO Supporting Vendors