The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Track Review - Sebring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CSL said:
I've driven an S550 Mustang GT at Daytona, and that hood did a lot of dancing around. I just crossed my fingers and put a lot faith in the Ford engineers. After seeing a lot of action in Daytona, the good news is there were no issues on that car.
Good to hear. I put pins in my last two S197s just because I didn't like the way the hoods danced at speed but I also never had one come open. Just peace of mind I guess.

cloud9 said:
Good to hear. I put pins in my last two S197s just because I didn't like the way the hoods danced at speed but I also never had one come open. Just peace of mind I guess.

I did the same on my last two S197s. Hopefully someone will be a trendsetter with the 350 hoods....it won't be me. I had the aerocatch hood pins on my last S197 and they are slick. It would be great to get those to work on the 350s.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Black Boss said:
Pins would also require drilling and likely reinforcing the carbon fiber cross brace :eek:

It looks like the 350R-C has Aerocatches, but they are mounted a bit further back than what we have done on the S197s. Maybe someone heading to an IMSA race can get an underhood shot?

2015_ford_shelby_gt350r-c_1_1920x1080.jpg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Waco, TX
Has anyone noticed the cooling ducts? Seems there's two sets of hoses. One set is in the lower grille and the other is fed from the radiator box.

Looks like they didnt want to drill into the composite brace.

Also, I remember reading, or hearing in a video, that the smaller cooling duct was aimed at the caliper.

It's amazing how well the gt350 intake performs, it's too bad the parts are so expensive, it gave the CJ intake a run for its money:
http://www.svtperformance.com/2016/02/05/tech-gt350-vs-cobra-jet-intake-test/

Justin@VMP said:
It's amazing how well the gt350 intake performs, it's too bad the parts are so expensive, it gave the CJ intake a run for its money:
http://www.svtperformance.com/2016/02/05/tech-gt350-vs-cobra-jet-intake-test/
Interesting. Justin, are you going with LTHs and an O/R X on your GT350? Anxious to see results if that's your plan.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel