The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 TracKey Wish List

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So what would you like to see with the new TK tune? Here's a few I'd like to see:

1. Rev matching
2. Ability to leave exhaust in track mode ALL THE TIME
3. More aggressive throttle mapping and engine braking like used in the Boss 302
4. More HP ;D

One thing they can leave off is the pit lane speed control. I never once engaged it on my Boss. ::)

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Is Ford now going through the CARB certification process on this?

The original Boss 302 TracKey took a while and went through at least one revision for certification approval.

I like my TracKey and would like to see it offered for the Shelby GT350.

Yes, I think a rev matching auto blip feature would be real nice and it sure makes Track Day downshifting much easier.

302 Hi Pro

mattlqx

Mustangless
I was a little surprised how conservative dealers with buying cars with TracKey activated and was pretty disheartened by it. CarMax wouldn't sell a TracKey activated car, they said they'd just send it to auction. I've heard of some Ford dealers doing the same as well. They're acting like the TracKey itself has some negative life-shortening effect on the engine. Granted, if it is activated, the car might've had some moderate track-use and might be an indicator of a harder life. Still it gave me issues when it was time to let go of my Boss and it has really given me pause to getting the TracKey on the GT350. I'm going to go with a Lund tune for now and if there's some really killer features, I may revisit the decision but for what it gave me on the Boss, it wasn't worth it when trying to turn it over.

mattlqx said:
I was a little surprised how conservative dealers with buying cars with TracKey activated and was pretty disheartened by it. CarMax wouldn't sell a TracKey activated car, they said they'd just send it to auction. I've heard of some Ford dealers doing the same as well. They're acting like the TracKey itself has some negative life-shortening effect on the engine. Granted, if it is activated, the car might've had some moderate track-use and might be an indicator of a harder life. Still it gave me issues when it was time to let go of my Boss and it has really given me pause to getting the TracKey on the GT350. I'm going to go with a Lund tune for now and if there's some really killer features, I may revisit the decision but for what it gave me on the Boss, it wasn't worth it when trying to turn it over.

Man, a Lund tune would void everything as far a warranty is concerned a leave permanent "scar" in the PCM that would be forever traceable; this would make the car even harder to sell to an educated buyer. In addition, all of the safeguards/durability are lost once an aftermarket tune is loaded. Be careful.

BigTaco said:
Man, a Lund tune would void everything as far a warranty is concerned a leave permanent "scar" in the PCM that would be forever traceable; this would make the car even harder to sell to an educated buyer. In addition, all of the safeguards/durability are lost once an aftermarket tune is loaded. Be careful.
This is a brand new engine and Ford reached for the moon to put a FPC V8 that revs to 8250 in an affordable sports car. As hard as I will push it on track days, I would agree that treading lightly here makes sense until we know how it's going to hold up to sustained track use.

mattlqx

Mustangless
BigTaco said:

Realistically, when you're trading a car in to a dealer, they don't look at stuff like that. Where as the TracKey is pretty obviously verifiable just by sticking in the other key. There's also more awareness by dealers in the aftermarket since that was a "Ford" part. So really, if you're going to take the hit, you might as well get some additional power out of it instead of a bunch of gimmickry. I did like the lopey idle a lot though.

You can feel free to say I told you so down the road.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel