The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 TrackPack Spoiler

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does anyone know how effective the TrackPack spoiler is? I'm looking to upgrade from the factory blade spoiler on my GT, and it looks like a low cost upgrade. If it works. The car is my daily driver, and hopefully will stay that way.

Thanks,
LERCH

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
It's got to be pretty effective as I ran into a bit of a "surprise" on Sunday on a nice curvy road near where I live. On a crest, the car lifted completely off the ground (we were doing something around 90-100 mph) and the rear wheels landed first, smacking the front on the road pretty hard a moment later. Given the weight distribution of the car, I was expecting to land "head first" actually ...

mattlqx

Mustangless
Awful lot of variables there I would think to say the car pitching upwards was due to the spoiler.

Having driven both on track, the difference is negligible to me. I think the only situation where you might see some difference in stability between the two is at extreme speeds, say 130+ mph which you just don't hit on most tracks or at least for very long.

The track wing certainly does look better though.

I'd be curious if I can get my friend at the wind tunnel to run some CFD aero simulations with and without the wing to see what impact it has actually.
That would be an awesome test.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

You can see in the link below (at the 4:28 mark) how the airflow is a bit higher than the lip on the decklid at what would be near the extreme top of the Track Pack spoiler.

Without any wing vs Track Pack...

IMG_2524.jpg

R wing...

IMG_2140.png

IMG_2142.png

Another that shows how the R wing is just tall enough to catch the air stream as it flows over the roof ...

Total pressure shown on an R model simulation

ptot_comp.png

ptot_coarse_rear.png

Pressure distribution...

cp_front.png

cp_rear.png

cp_iso.ong_.png

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors