The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdshw86poVA

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
VooDooBOSS said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdshw86poVA

Brand new car with no break-in time on the track? That sounds like a bad idea and why is it listed at $72k? ADM I'm assuming. You could have an R for less than that if you can get it for MSRP. Maybe once my wife finishes school I can have something like this. For now I'm more than happy with the Boss :)

Edit: I just realized that's $72k Canadian which is $54k US. That's not bad but is this car going to be sold to a customer? Doesn't seem like it's his car.

I turley hope FORD did there homework on these new FPC engines. People are going to be pushing them alot harder than the they did the Boss. This is what FORD has used as a strong selling point. This will be very interesting to follow. We all know, with any new products/model it comes with a price. Just like the Boss had. I think you new owners need to break those engines in slowly.
I still scratch my head about how the MUSTANG has changed from 2014 to present with Body looks / IRS / FPC / CF wheels. Can we call this a pony car anymore..Lol

superhero said:
I turley hope FORD did there homework on these new FPC engines. People are going to be pushing them alot harder than the they did the Boss. This is what FORD has used as a strong selling point. This will be very interesting to follow. We all know, with any new products/model it comes with a price. Just like the Boss had. I think you new owners need to break those engines in slowly.
I still scratch my head about how the MUSTANG has changed from 2014 to present with Body looks / IRS / FPC / CF wheels. Can we call this a pony car anymore..Lol
I'm glad I'm not the guinea pig again ::) You're right there probably will be some "issues" we encounter with the new GT350, but hopefully they're mostly ironed out. One concern we have is the high oil temps seen in some of the magazine testing, but that's TBD. I love how Ford implemented so many changes that we have been making to the Boss and S197 GTs to survive on the track. A dual disc clutch and Tremec trans will hopefully solve one of the biggest challenges we had with tracked Bosses/GTs. Oil/Trans/Diff coolers and a larger boxed in radiator are a huge plus. The other VERY significant change is BIG BRAKES going from 14"/11" to 15.5"/15" rotors and 6/4 piston calipers is a monumental change without a significant increase in curb weight. Double ball joints reducing the amount of camber needed will help street tire wear. Significant aero improvements should tame down the tail while cornering. That said I'm anxious to find out what I will break ;D Hopefully nothing, but as you said it's an all new animal.....

As for an easy break-in, it seems to mean something different to everybody. I've broken in every performance engine following this method, and knock on wood haven't had one pop on me yet. http://mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm The trick is to use this method keeping in mind Ford's guidelines. They're not mutally exclusive.

From the Owner's Supplement:

BREAKING-IN:
Your vehicle requires a break-in period. Drive your new vehicle at least 100 mi (160 km) before performing extended wide open throttle maneuvers and at least 1,000 mi (1,600 km) before performance or competition conditions.

Note: Vary your speed frequently in order to give the moving parts a chance to break in.

VooDooBOSS said:
Break in: I'll will be making sure the rev limiter works after its warmed up and I won't use the cruise control for the first 1,000 miles. Other than that I'll drive it as normal with no track action until 1,000 miles are on the odometer.

I always thought of my Boss as a sports car and think of the 350 the same way.
Both are a new breed of Mustangs designed to not only go fast in a straight line, but to corner with some of the best sports cars on the market at an affordable Mustang price. 8)

at work yesterday, I took a few co-workers out for drives. here's a quick vid of the R departing from the curb with a terrified co-worker. as with all gt350 vid's, turn up the volume ;-)

https://youtu.be/PVO5eZFkNX8

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel